Locked up motor on P3P 4K
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dekyffe
lvl.1

United States

The  front port engine won,t rotate, it just makes a clicking sound and then the take off is aborted and the drone shuts down. Has anyone had this problem.
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dekyffe. I'm sorry to know that you are having issues with the front port engine for your DJI Drone. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-5-13
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Be looking at over $100, plus shipping If you're in the USA, and a 4 to 6 week wait to get it back.

Otherwise, shop online, and do it yourself.  Cost $20 USD or so.   Can get in a week.  You're warranty is most likely over anyway so, its going to cost something.....  
2019-5-13
Use props
Dekyffe
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for your reply Guy's, The P3P has been parked up since this happened a while back and yes the warranty is  well out. I have have not had a crash or hard landings and up until this problem it has been a joy to fly.
I have had a new motor since last october. the reason I have not installed the new motor is I have been unable to find the necessary screw drivers to remove the top cover. Any ideas where I can purchase said screwdrivers ?
Thanks you.
2019-5-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes.  EBay.  And you'll need to look at youtube too because it's a little tricky to remove the top.  

A clicking sound?  Are you sure there isn't something stuck inside the motor?  I would take the top off, remove the motor mount screws, and blow out the motor from the bottom.  You might get lucky.

Otherwise, It seems odd to me the motor would just stop working for no particular reason.  I've never seen or heard of that happening.  DJI motors and ESCs are extremely reliable and don't just quit for no reason.  It's possible you have an ESC problem which would likely require a new centerboard but again, there would likely be a good reason for the ESC to quit (e.g. a motor in a forced stopped position for an extended period resulting in a blown mosfet).  But again, from your description, it's seems more likely something is in the motor causing a problem.  

Good luck
2019-5-13
Use props
Dekyffe
lvl.1

United States

That's what I originally thought Mark The Droner, the motor will move side to side approx 2 MM, there is a metallic click at each stop point....I've taken the motor mount screws out and popped the motor out....its solid after the initial 2MM movement, so it put it back on its mounts and put it away.
I have a set of 4 ebay dji screwdrivers being shipped to me.
I will keep you updated.
thanks
2019-5-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dekyffe Posted at 5-13 15:51
That's what I originally thought Mark The Droner, the motor will move side to side approx 2 MM, there is a metallic click at each stop point....I've taken the motor mount screws out and popped the motor out....its solid after the initial 2MM movement, so it put it back on its mounts and put it away.
I have a set of 4 ebay dji screwdrivers being shipped to me.
I will keep you updated.

It could be one of the magnets has become loose and is jamming the armature. Even so, the motor will need replacing.
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules