16305 48 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishfeet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Received OSMO Action today. Trying use it for the first time. For some reason it has to be activated before it can be used, which wouldn't be so bad if the process worked.Downloaded the DJI Mimo app and tried to activate. Had to resort to a youtube video where it is explained that you need to press the camera icon in the top left corner to get started. Now, my app had an envelope in the top left corner which when pressed showed an empty mailbox. Turns out you must answer YES to two initial questions: Allowing Mimo access to photos and location. . How logical is that and how should I have known?

Okay, by trial and error I changed those settings and now I see the desired camera icon.
When pressing it, I get CONNECTION HELP screen. I choose BLUETOOTH and not SMARTPHONE ADAPTER. (Btw the app thinks it's an OSMO Pocket according to all pictures.)
I am then asked to install bluetooth accessory which doesn't exist for the OSMO Action. I ignore and press NEXT.
I am asked to select device and things were looking good at this point as it had recognised the right device name (forgetting a picture of an OSMO Pocket instead of OSMO Action).

Moments later this disappointing experience finishes with a UNABLE TO JOIN THE NETWORK OSMOACTION-XXXXXX.
For the first time in my life I am completely unable to use an eletronic device that I have just bought. How awful is that?

I am using Mimo on an iPhone 8.

Hope someone can help please - or this product will quickly be sent back to where it came from.

2019-5-16
Use props
Djipatriot
New
United Kingdom

Have exactly the Same problem as described above apparently the iOS app is not compatible and the android one is what an absolute joke, so like you I have 329 pound on something currently unusable
2019-5-16
Use props
Fishfeet
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Djipatriot. It helped my blood pressure to read your post. But I agree, it's an absolute joke not being able to use the product.
In another similar thread it is mentioned that an updated app is coming soon to the app store.
2019-5-16
Use props
Djipatriot
New
United Kingdom

Fishfeet Posted at 5-16 11:45
Thanks Djipatriot. It helped my blood pressure to read your post. But I agree, it's an absolute joke not being able to use the product.
In another similar thread it is mentioned that an updated app is coming soon to the app store.

Yes I have also found out that the reason it won’t connect is due to the app only being compatible with the pocket, so it recognises there’s a dji product there but when it tries to connect it’s incompatible.
The worst part is we can’t even activate which is incredibly unprofessional and disappointing from dji, let’s hope that app gets updated ASAP like tonight or tomorrow or there’s going to be a backlash from IOS users who I think will be the majority.
2019-5-16
Use props
Andrey Kim
New

United States

I just bought a camera and have the same problem with my iOs devices. And I don't have any android at home.
I've bought this camera especially for my weekend trip. This is frustrating.
2019-5-16
Use props
fansd194a403
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here :/
2019-5-16
Use props
Andrey Kim
New

United States

try to delete and reinstall an app. It helped me
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Fishfeet, sorry for the inconvenience caused. DJI MIMO 1.1.0 is required to active Osmo Action. Both the Android and iOS version have been released, please kindly update to the latest version to check again. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Djipatriot Posted at 5-16 11:58
Yes I have also found out that the reason it won’t connect is due to the app only being compatible with the pocket, so it recognises there’s a dji product there but when it tries to connect it’s incompatible.
The worst part is we can’t even activate which is incredibly unprofessional and disappointing from dji, let’s hope that app gets updated ASAP like tonight or tomorrow or there’s going to be a backlash from IOS users who I think will be the majority.

Hi Djipatriot, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. At present, the issue has been figured out, please kindly refer to 8# and see whether it works now, thanks!
2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, could you refer to 8# and have a try later? Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks!
2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andrey Kim Posted at 5-16 17:49
try to delete and reinstall an app. It helped me

Glad to see it works now. Thanks for keeping us updated, Andrey.
2019-5-17
Use props
Fishfeet
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got Action activated with the latest IOS Mime app.
Phew. Just in time. Would have sent camera back if problem hadn't been solved today.
2019-5-17
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180994 ft
China

Stupid and rediculous activation process... updated the app on android and even though the app see's it it never works.  As it is, I am sending it back. Not only is there a huge concern on privacy (the activation process sends all sorts of personal data to the DJI servers) but also it obviously doesnt work half the time. When DJI come out with products that doesnt need data connection to their servers, I will buy more.
2019-5-18
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Worked first time for me with samsung S9
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

timesnaps Posted at 5-18 03:46
Stupid and rediculous activation process... updated the app on android and even though the app see's it it never works.  As it is, I am sending it back. Not only is there a huge concern on privacy (the activation process sends all sorts of personal data to the DJI servers) but also it obviously doesnt work half the time. When DJI come out with products that doesnt need data connection to their servers, I will buy more.

I see you had no problem activating your other products, are you not concerned about privacy with these  ?
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You just need to updat your mimo app, it’s usually par for the course with dji .
2019-5-18
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 04:08
You just need to updat your mimo app, it’s usually par for the course with dji .

apps are all upto date! already mentioned that!
2019-5-18
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 04:06
I see you had no problem activating your other products, are you not concerned about privacy with these  ?

they either running custom firmware or have been sold
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

timesnaps Posted at 5-18 05:49

In order to have them on your avatar here you would have had to register and activate them .
2019-5-18
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

timesnaps Posted at 5-18 05:48
apps are all upto date! already mentioned that!

Kinda a rude response to someone who was just trying to help you.
2019-5-18
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Hong Kong

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-18 06:24
Kinda a rude response to someone who was just trying to help you.

kinda stupid not to read the post, before replying... but hey, whatever rocks your boat
2019-5-19
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

I purchased the Action today at the DJI Store in NYC and the employees told me that iOS users will be unable to activate the unit until May 22nd, whereas Android users are able to activate it today.

Thanks
2019-5-19
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

timesnaps Posted at 5-18 05:49

You activated it in your account beecause the icons show up on your avatar. So you can have sold them but still you shared info with DJI...
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Parisi2274 Posted at 5-19 14:55
I purchased the Action today at the DJI Store in NYC and the employees told me that iOS users will be unable to activate the unit until May 22nd, whereas Android users are able to activate it today.

Thanks

IOS DJI MIMO 1.1.0 has been released, u may update it and active osmo action
2019-5-20
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Mexico

a colleague tells me her Action Cam became useable without activation, by simply connecting the USB charger and taking out the battery, then pressing record. Hers is working ever since! might worth a try...
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine came in today and activation was no problem.  It also asked me to update firmware and the was smooth as well.  I activated and updated firmware using an iPhone 10s Max.
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Osmo Action came in today and activation was no problem.  
It also asked me to update firmware and that process went smooth as well.  
I activated and updated firmware using an iPhone 10s Max running Mimo App version V1.1.0 (25028)
Osmo Action Firmware updated to 01.02.00.10 (6436)
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_UXYor9meV4Hb
New

United States

I just tried to active 2 additional Osmo Actions on my account. I can’t activate either. The app is updated also. What are my options? I thought GoPros were a joke maybe I was wrong. I never had issues just getting started with them.
2019-6-1
Use props
synikster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72 ft
  • >>>
United States

Activation on the Action is a Joke - Android user here.

Finding a Photo Icon for activation? Really?
Now to even get it activated is non existent.

Why not make it simple like your Drone app? "ACTIVATE PRODUCT NOW" - SCAN PRODUCT CODE TO ACTIVATE on PRODUCT.

Simple.

Im returning this paper weight. It useless. Does not activate however you try. Poor app. Poor instructions. Not intuitive activation process or steps.

Picture of pocket? Cmon?
2019-7-7
Use props
synikster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72 ft
  • >>>
United States

UPDATING APP does NOTHING.

DELETE APP and REINSTALL - COMPLETELY NEW APP!

DJI, your update does not reflect newest app. NOTE. This alone will make your product fail.
2019-7-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the OA, try changing wifi to 2.4GHz before trying to connect from phone.
2019-7-8
Use props
kennybk
lvl.1
United States

This answer to activation is probably somewhere else but I found this thread first so, I will reply with my solution that worked.  I have a Samsung S8.  I originally tried to scan the barcode that appeared on the back of the camera.  The application downloaded and I was able to install.  When going into Mimo, it said there was an update available but, when the update failed because the site was unavailable.
What worked is I went to the Google Playstore and searched for the Mimo app.  The description in the Playstore indicated the version there was newer than the one that originally installed through the barcode.  The options were to Open or Uninstall.  I uninstalled and then did the Install (from Playstore).  With that app I was able to connect to the camera and activate.
Hope that helps anybody having similar issue.
2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_mDX8F20AoYdU
New

Romania

Hello!i have a problem,first activation doesn't working...I have an error messege: "SN Locked"?what is the problem?
2019-7-28
Use props
bpong
New

Canada

HEY, DJI !!!!!
Your DJI MIMO app is not working for all android versions !!!
it did not work on my old android phone.  when i borrowed a friends newer android phone,  it did work with the mimo app and connected.
mimo also works with my amazon fire 8 tablet too !!! but, again, it does not work on my old (4 years old) android cell phone.
for all future owners and users of mimo,  if it doesn't work on your android phone or device,  borrow a friends newer android device and give
it a shot.  more than likely it will work.
DJI,  recompile your app to enable it to work with older versions of android....
2019-8-14
Use props
chriswood
lvl.1

had to send mine back with the same problem great camera though better then the gopro
2019-9-3
Use props
PlanJ
New

Singapore

I've received the OSMO Action yesterday and I tried all the method above to activate it but failed..
It shows "Factory Mode" on the screen, and I dont know how to exit this
can you please give me an advice how to exit this and activate it?
2019-10-23
Use props
djiuser_3zrdARLy9tx0
New

Hungary

I have a new Osmo Action camera that I can't activate.
The phone can see the camera through the blutooth connection.
Mimo recognizes the camera but when I want to connect it is "failed to get wifi authentication" error.
The phone has an LG Q6 android 8 system and product activation I think is surely not a resource-intensive.
The camera is already disabled, I can't enter the menu.
I tried phone in flight mode, but no successfull.

What do I do?
I can't understand why difficult the camera activation? This is not golden safe.
I'm disappointed with DJI product and support. This is bad user support and bad (beta) application and activation metodh.
Now I'm here with an expensive camera that I can't use.
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_3zrdARLy9tx0
New

Hungary

djiuser_3zrdARLy9tx0 Posted at 11-19 09:15
Mimo recognizes the camera but when I want to connect it is "failed to get wifi authentication" error.

It may be my inattention, but I haven't read anywhere that this product is not a standalone device.
(what if someone doesn't use a smart phone, just wants to take a camera?)
Big disappointment DJI! If it doesn't work out tomorrow, I'll take it back. I need a standalone camera, not all other conditional devices.
And how big is that in 2019 there is no website where you can register your product!
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_G8Pt2EMl3fM6
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here with this piece of crap... Any solution DJI??
2019-12-17
Use props
AndyQ
New

Australia

djiuser_3zrdARLy9tx0 Posted at 11-19 09:15

I have exactly this same problem. I've spent a few hours messing around and haven't made any progress. Have uninstalled and re-installed app, tried the "air plane mode" suggestion I've seen elsewhere and so on. I'm very unhappy that I have to "activate" this device at all - why can't I just turn it on and use it? Registration should be optional. What if I didn't want to use it with a smartphone or didn't have a smartphone? It doesn't say anything about this on the box, I assumed it was just a camera.  This is my first experience of the DJI brand and thus far it's been less than pleasing.
2019-12-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules