1531 8 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294114 ft
Saint Helena

Hi fellow pilots,
Bee trying to install the DJI Go 4 App on my girlfreinds Motorla G5 Mobile Phone, which i think is on the compatability list.  And it wont install, i tried installing it from the Google Play Store and also downloading the APK file and still nothing.  The route going throguh the Play store gives the attached error.

Also i it is the latest version from the store,  i also downloaded the APK file for the version before it and still nothing.
Any ideas as to what is wrong?  

Note the reviews on the store, wasnt good for this version.Attahed screenshot is when it reaches the final 100% downloaded.

Thanks in advace, need to get this new MP2 in the air, been without a drone for long enough now.

error message

error message
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what specific Mavic drone do you have? I would recommend checking the Mavic series page depending on your aircraft to check the compatibility. Apparently, it might be that the Motorola G5 is not compatible with our DJI Go 4 app and Mavic series drone that's why it does not allow you to install the application to this said mobile device. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-16
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this your girlfriends primary phone or are you using it just to fly your drone?

If you are using it just for your drone try doing a factory reset and then installing just the DJI Go 4 app by itself. I've seen phones that will have app conflicts and this is a quick way to find out.

If it is her primary phone then depending on how much stuff she has installed you may not be able to do this.

2019-5-16
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Saint Helena

Hurley1718 Posted at 5-16 14:43
Is this your girlfriends primary phone or are you using it just to fly your drone?

If you are using it just for your drone try doing a factory reset and then installing just the DJI Go 4 app by itself. I've seen phones that will have app conflicts and this is a quick way to find out.

Thanks for the reply, Hurley1718 i definitley cannot do the factory reset, missus wouldnt approve lol

As for the othe apps, she has had it on her same phone before when i had the mavic Pro 1 and the phantom 4 pro as a backup device, and i have used i before and worked fine.   Just now it wont install, it gets to 100 percent and then threw the message up, didnt even get to the installing phase.
2019-5-16
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Saint Helena

DJI Tony Posted at 5-16 14:38
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what specific Mavic drone do you have? I would recommend checking the Mavic series page depending on your aircraft to check the compatibility. Apparently, it might be that the Motorola G5 is not compatible with our DJI Go 4 app and Mavic series drone that's why it does not allow you to install the application to this said mobile device. Thank you for understanding.

I have had it installed on her motorola g5 befoe as a backp device incase my primary device fails when im abou to fly or anyhng like that, so it wored with y previous two drones the mavic pro and the phantom 4 po.  NOw i have the mavic 2 pro with the haselblad camera.
2019-5-16
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Corkyboy14 Posted at 5-16 14:56
Thanks for the reply, Hurley1718 i definitley cannot do the factory reset, missus wouldnt approve lol

As for the othe apps, she has had it on her same phone before when i had the mavic Pro 1 and the phantom 4 pro as a backup device, and i have used i before and worked fine.   Just now it wont install, it gets to 100 percent and then threw the message up, didnt even get to the installing phase.

Do you have any other device you can try and install it on other than the Motorola. This way you can rule out the device being the issue and it could be a Google Play Store issue.
2019-5-16
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Saint Helena

Hurley1718 Posted at 5-16 15:07
Do you have any other device you can try and install it on other than the Motorola. This way you can rule out the device being the issue and it could be a Google Play Store issue.

Yeah thats umm the problem, i don have another device i can use.  Hence why im trying to install it on her motorola g5.
2019-5-16
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Corkyboy14 Posted at 5-16 15:09
Yeah thats umm the problem, i don have another device i can use.  Hence why im trying to install it on her motorola g5.

Maybe even try a friends phone just to test.
2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Corkyboy14 Posted at 5-16 14:58
I have had it installed on her motorola g5 befoe as a backp device incase my primary device fails when im abou to fly or anyhng like that, so it wored with y previous two drones the mavic pro and the phantom 4 po.  NOw i have the mavic 2 pro with the haselblad camera.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. if the application can be installed in a different mobile device then I'm afraid that it would be a limitation for the mobile device. Since we've released the new Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom that supports DJI Go 4app, we're also releasing an application update for some added features and optimization. Due to this may require a compatible device to run the application. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules