Phantom 3 - No video signal to iPad mini 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soarpix
New

Sweden

I'm using an iPad mini 2
The Phantom 3 (professional) is brand new with the latest firmware installed.
The problem is that i get no video signal on my iPad.
The camera records to the SD card but there is no signal to the iPad.
Please help!

2015-6-7
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Which iPad?
2015-6-7
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you click "Trust" on the iPad after connecting it to the controller?

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-7
Use props
soarpix
New

Sweden

iPad mini 2
2015-6-8
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Have you tried all the routine stuff, i.e., restarting the iPad, using genuine Appel cable. etc?
2015-6-8
Use props
soarpix
New

Sweden

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-7 23:29
Did you click "Trust" on the iPad after connecting it to the controller?

You can now buy the offici ...

Yes, The app connects to the Phantom and everything on the app is working but i don't see the live video on the screen. I can fly and I can record video to the SD card but I don't see the live stream.
2015-6-8
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

soarpix Posted at 2015-6-9 04:36
Yes, The app connects to the Phantom and everything on the app is working but i don't see the live ...

Sorry, this one's above my paygrade.
2015-6-8
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here, best give DJI a call if you have tries everything.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-8
Use props
contact.cadi-we
New

France

Hello,
Since I have updated the last firmware from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6, that's the same for me.
If DJ gives you solution Soarpix, please, share it,
2015-6-15
Use props
Pierre
New

France

I have the answere.
For the Ipad we have to wait for a new update.Take it easy ...
2015-6-16
Use props
1randy.pence
lvl.3

United States

What a great company.
2015-6-16
Use props
Golias82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4229478 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same problem with iPhone 5s
2015-6-16
Use props
alex.karam
New

Lebanon

Same problem for me!
I sent the below email to their technical support but received a useless answer!

Dear Sir,

The below troubleshooting stuff you provided are very basic for me. Of course I tried all that long time ago, I have a major problem somewhere in the connections. When the aircraft crashed, the gimbal hit the connector on the OFDM receiver module labelled “CAMERA” and that connector slightly was lifted up from the board. I resoldered it. I also changed the flat black gimbal cable.
As I told you I am a microelectronics engineer and I have a lot of knowledge and tools and I need very advanced support. I also cannot ship the unit for repair because of customs issues with such items.
Currently everything works fine except the live video feed and the RED “No Signal” is always on the screen. But I have telemetry data, compass, maps, I can control the gimbal and take still shots and video and all is recorded on the SD card. I am flying the unit blindly.

The strange thing is I tried putting my camera/gimbal on a friends’ working Phantom 3 and it didn’t work, we got the same issue. Then we installed his good working camera/gimbal on my phantom and also the same problem, we tried swapping the external flat cables but that did not help. I also opened the body shell and checked continuity for all cables (OFDM, VPM, Gimbal)  pin to pin and all are good.
I tried updating the firmware on my unit but it fails, I tried updating the firmware with a good gimbal/camera attached but it also failed. I tried updating the firmware of my Gimbal/Camera by attaching them to a good aircraft but this also failed.
I am really puzzled and need the below from you:
-        SERVICE MANUAL
-        PINOUTS of the CAMERA connector on the OFDM receiver board.
-        ADVANCED troubleshooting instructions.

They suggested I do the below:

1.       Open the hardware
2.       Turn off the virtual home button (on your phone)  (ios system only)
3.       Adjust the antenna
4.       Turn off others programs in your phone
5.       Image transmission setting  (1) auto
                                           (2) custom: decrease the imagetransmission

If the methods above can not solve the problem, please feel free to contact me again.

2015-6-23
Use props
KaiquePiracicab
lvl.1

Brazil

Same thing here. I think it´s app problem in the ios´s. Have you tried to re-update de firmware? When i tried to do that it starts to sound a continuous buzz DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD in the gimbal.
2015-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules