3740 7 2019-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishfeet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Managed to activate OSMO Action with the newly submitted Mimo app for IOS. Noticed the app asking for permission to access the microphone.
Now is this so
1) they can spy on us, or
2) is it a clever move so we can use the microphone on the smartphone (better sound) ?

if 2), then can we use this feature now, or is this coming in a future firmware upgrade?

2019-5-17
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Actually it Is a feature in osmo pocket...

Yes, better sound in osmo pocket easySave mode.
2019-5-17
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180994 ft
China

I would go with No 1...
2019-5-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I tested it, at Easysave, it use the mic of the phone to record audio, and video save directly to the phone, I don't know if it is a feature for future live stream or not.

If they spy on you, you can swear to them at the camera.
2019-5-18
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

you are spied on 24/7 anyway so one more item won't make any difference
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it’s for spying on us, in fact I would ship it back immediately and also same with every other device you have like phone tablet etc, any device that asks for access to camera photos mic etc ship them all back, remove all your information from all apps social media sites including this one, also send back your Mavic you would also have activated this.

Or else you could just enjoy all your products and take note you have already sold your soul to the Devil a long time ago.

Being a European you are also protected by GDPR use it if your afraid .
2019-5-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I think this function is for people want to upload a video to social media straight away ..... it comes with a face beautify function too.
2019-5-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I suggest DJI to allow bluetooth mic (for e.g. Apple Airpods) at any mode while using the Mimo app.
2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules