Position Lights Off- feature request
23494 14 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffgritchen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3117448 ft
United States

I'm taking pictures at sunset or at night and the red position lights are reflecting in the lens.
I found where I could turn off the lights in flights. MC SETTING> ADVANCED> turn on arm's LED lights.

But that is a lot of clikcs when you're trying to maintain visual contact with the quadcoper and take pictures.

Anyway DJI can either make this an option for one of the custom functions on the bottom of the controller or add a feature you could turn on that shuts off the lights when the picture is taken.

Thanks

2015-6-7
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-7
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I am interested in this also.
2015-6-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Don't know what OS you're using, but I think the IOS version has that feature listed.

Open DJI Pilot app, then camera, then the four dots in upper right corner, then the quad symbol, advanced settings, and go to the bottom to turn on arms LED lights.  Move slider one direct or the other. On-Off.
2015-6-13
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-14 00:17
Don't know what OS you're using, but I think the IOS version has that feature listed.

Open DJI Pilo ...

I think he knows that and said so in his post. He asking for a quick way to acomplish this without all the menu clicks. I agree as do others that adding this function to the back button list would be great. Click off,Click on.
2015-6-13
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

One feature I've just thought of would be related to security in case the P3 is nicked from a car, garage, house or wherever.

It would be nice to have the Pilot app prompt you for a security pin number to enter before it lets you into the app itself. If this was also linked up with the software in the P3 itself then a potential thief would hopefully be unable to fire it up! Makes good sense in my head anyway ;)

Nick
2015-6-13
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Nick Martin Posted at 2015-6-14 04:01
One feature I've just thought of would be related to security in case the P3 is nicked from a car, g ...

When you look at the info for the Pilot app, DJI lists the user as well as serial number of the Phantom. Knowing how all big companies like to spy on users, I'd be surprised if DJI didn't monitor you flight status if you're linking to the cloud or YouTube.

Otherwise, aren't you requiring a password for access to you FPV devise? I sure wouldn't leave my phone or iPad unlocked.
2015-6-13
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

A better solution would be for the front leds to shut down automatically when pressing the shutter button and come back to life alter the picture is taken.
2015-6-13
Use props
sms14411
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111621 ft

United States

We can program the two buttons on the bottom of the control.  Cant you set one of those buttons to shut the lights off?
2015-6-15
Use props
jeffgritchen
lvl.2
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-14 00:17

Open DJI Pilo ...

Yes, in my post I said that that feature is available. But it is very cumbersome to navigate deep in the menus to shut off the lights.

If you read my post you'd see i asked to be able to program one of the custom buttons to shut off the red lights or make them go off when the shutter is clicked.
2015-6-26
Use props
jeffgritchen
lvl.2
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-6-14 07:11
A better solution would be for the front leds to shut down automatically when pressing the shutter b ...

That's what I asked for
2015-6-26
Use props
Pobox1067
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33104 ft
United States

Well, I see it's been awhile since anyone posted on this but I have a question and a comment.  First, we're only talking about the front lights here, right?  I don't see a way to shut off the rear lights at all.
Second, once you go into the MC menu and go to Advanced it will stay on Advanced until you change it.  When you X out of that page back to the main camera page that you fly with, it remembers the page you were on.  When you go back (tapping the quad symbol), the toggle switch for lights on/off is right there.  I just got through doing this five times.  It isn't as good as one click, but it is only two clicks...it is not necessary to "navigate deep into the menus."  You tap the quad symbol, slide the on/off slider.  You just need to be sure that "Advanced" was the last page you used within the MC settings before you took off.

2016-7-4
Use props
dji198
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17854 ft

The Pro and Advanced have the ability to turn the lights off when a picture is taken and this would be ideal for the P3S.  I have a servo that is light activated but using it while I'm flying by surfing the menu is not a good use.  Would be great if they could just add another button to the camera screen right beside the RTH button.  How do you go about submitting a feature request to DJI?
2016-10-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What's so hard?  Turn the front lights off and leave them off.  It shouldn't be a problem.
2016-10-4
Use props
dji198
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17854 ft

I have a servo that is light activated so I need to be able to toggle it without drilling into the menu while flying.
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules