Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maps gone on Pro Plus remote? Here's the fix!
4500 10 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR125Honda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS

I'll start off saying I don't use my Plus controller very often.
Usually, I'll use my Pro 4 controller / iPad combo.

Saw a post on another site that someone was having a maps issue with their Pro 4 Plus.
Grabbed my Plus controller, linked it to my Phantom 4 PRO to see if I could duplicate / resolve the issue.
First 2 pics (below) were after linking.
Maps were blank on mine also?? Uh oh.
Time to troubleshoot.
Click the DJI on top left.
Went to maps menu (DJI GO 4, main page), fourth icon, top left.
Downloaded the area maps where I'm at.
Restarted. All good. Got the maps (last 2 pics).

I had to poke the bear!
Here's where I thought I really messed up......

Went back to maps menu and thought I'd delete the downloaded maps and repeat the process.. Just to be sure this all worked correctly.
On my downloaded maps page (again, in DJI GO 4), I saw that there were duplicates of the downloaded maps of my area.
Deleted them both.
Restarted.
Attempted to download maps again.
Download would start, then get stuck at 47%.
Cancelled, restarted, waited. Rinse / repeat, etc..
No luck getting maps to download (would continually stick at 47%) and now my maps page would only show the GEO areas but no streets.

Slight panic mode sets in thinking I just put myself in that guy's boat.

Went through all menus I could think of on remote looking for issues/update's, etc.
Attached drone to DJI Assistant 2 on PC.
Synced, and also checked for updates.
Still no maps.

Here's the fix (was for me anyway).

Place finger top / middle of Pro Plus controller screen.
Swipe down. Should see the Volume and Brightness menu.
Below that, I see a box that reads an update for DJI GO 4 was available, version V4.3.14 (8-dpad)
Click the button and download the new DJI GO 4 app.
Followed installation instructions after download.

Restart.
Maps returned right away!
This means they were coming thru my wifi.

Downloaded my area maps again.
This time, the download did not hesitate and went right through to completion at 100%.
Learned something today.
Even though I thought all my firmware and software were current, they were not.
The usual menu I see after start up (MC Menu) and the Systems  Settings (then Update) menu on DJI GO 4, do not tell you if there is a new version of DJI  GO 4.

After the update, it's all good again.

Hope this helps others.

Anyone with the Standard Phantom 4 Pro controller (GL300F), pay no attention to any of the above.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS  -  GL300E remote controller.

They are two different animals.

2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this informative information and thank you for your support.
2019-5-20
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Thanks for the quick info
2019-5-21
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

Welcome! Glad to share.
2019-5-22
Use props
dewein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

Thanks for the info.
2019-6-22
Use props
Winni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1750801 ft
Germany

This do not fix my Problem but this do : Solved  !!! After 3 days of annoying contact with support, someone finally helped me get the right DJIGo4 version through support. THANK YOU Klaus. For everyone who also needs the version, contact me, also works perfectly with offline maps. Collapse quote DJI-v4.3.14_190309-8-35864_dpad_sec.apk this is the working one
2021-1-7
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Winni Posted at 1-7 09:44
This do not fix my Problem but this do : Solved  !!! After 3 days of annoying contact with support, someone finally helped me get the right DJIGo4 version through support. THANK YOU Klaus. For everyone who also needs the version, contact me, also works perfectly with offline maps. Collapse quote DJI-v4.3.14_190309-8-35864_dpad_sec.apk this is the working one

Do you realize that the real operators here are the users?
2021-1-7
Use props
Winni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1750801 ft
Germany

JetSam Posted at 1-7 11:28
Do you realize that the real operators here are the users?

Oh yes, my info iss for the users, 2 of them told me today that it works ad her copters too.
2021-1-8
Use props
Bobstaff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361024 ft
Canada

This do not fix my Problem but this do : Solved  !!! After 3 days of annoying contact with support, someone finally helped me get the right DJIGo4 version through support. THANK YOU Klaus. For everyone who also needs the version, contact me, also works perfectly with offline maps. Collapse quote DJI-v4.3.14_190309-8-35864_dpad_sec.apk this is the working one

I cant this file to work. I copied it to SD card but when i tried to update from the file it couldnt find it on Local Update.
2021-2-7
Use props
Im913mostwanted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

This do not fix my Problem but this do : Solved  !!! After 3 days of annoying contact with support, someone finally helped me get the right DJIGo4 version through support. THANK YOU Klaus. For everyone who also needs the version, contact me, also works perfectly with offline maps. Collapse quote DJI-v4.3.14_190309-8-35864_dpad_sec.apk this is the working one

where can I find this file...? I can't find it anywhere on DJI website nor anywhere else on the internet.... Can you help...? Thanks!
2021-5-25
Use props
Im913mostwanted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

Bobstaff Posted at 2-7 13:07
I cant this file to work. I copied it to SD card but when i tried to update from the file it couldnt find it on Local Update.

Where can I find the file he mentions? (DJI-v4.3.14_190309-8-35864_dpad_sec.apk)

I can't find it anywhere on DJI's page nor anywhere else on the internet for that matter....

I had the same issue when trying to forcibly local download an older version of the app... It just wouldn't recognize it when I tried to get it to local update.

ANY help at all is SO MUCH APPRECIATED. I have put in dozens and dozens and dozens of hours into finding a fix for this..... wether they are "warranty" approved or not... I still am desperately looking for maps!

I have even side-loaded Litchi from the amazon store from browser and paid $25 and it is so slow it is unusable!!!! Complete waste of money!  

Anyone here went the Litchi route, as well...?

Thanks!

Happy Flying everyone!
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules