1 of 10 Most Scenic Motorcycle Routes in the World
858 25 2019-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

This Route is being called one of the 10 best Scenic Motorcycle Rides in the world.

The barreness of the mountains in the back is because of a recent (January 2019) fire that raged for 11 days and destroyed an area of 20 kilometers wide by 60 kilometers long.

Scenic Route

Scenic Route
2019-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day HendrikJB. Thank you for sharing this awesome scenic aerial photo you have captured. Awesome work and thank you for your support.
2019-5-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome capture
2019-5-29
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Awesome shot! Thanks for sharing!
2019-5-29
Use props
fansa4e81e5f
New

United States

very bad ass!!
2019-5-29
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Very nice, great composition
2019-5-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fabulous shot.
2019-5-29
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

A J Posted at 5-29 09:26
Awesome capture

Thank you AJ as we are going into Winter now it will not change much.  Luckily however winter is also our rainy season.  When we get to Spring I will try to get the same shot when the plants start growing back.
2019-5-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 5-30 04:53
Thank you AJ as we are going into Winter now it will not change much.  Luckily however winter is also our rainy season.  When we get to Spring I will try to get the same shot when the plants start growing back.

Look forward to seeing it. we are going into our summer now (which is probably colder than your winter lol)
2019-5-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

ShermanFlyer Posted at 5-29 16:35
Very nice, great composition

Thank you for your compliment, however I like to think that most, even amateur, photographers who has a little sense of composition would have been able to create a similar shot.

What REALLY caught my eye were the shadows from the left. I was traveling due south and it was about 10:30am hence the shadows from my back.

Thank you again for your specific compliment.
2019-5-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Thank you Captain Woe.

I once (2010) traveled from Atlanta, Georgia through Tennessee and Northern Carolina following the Tail of the Dragon, Smoky Mountain Parkway and part of the Blue Ridge Parkway during the beginning of Fall.  Just imagine the scenes if I had a Mavic Air at that time

BTW I rode the Tail 3X in 24 hours
2019-5-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Thank for your appreciation.
2019-5-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

A J Posted at 5-29 09:26
Awesome capture

Thank you for the compliment. Really appreciated.
2019-5-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-29 09:26
Hello and good day HendrikJB. Thank you for sharing this awesome scenic aerial photo you have captured. Awesome work and thank you for your support.

You are most welcome and thank you for the compliment.
2019-5-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 5-30 05:09
Thank you for the compliment. Really appreciated.

My pleasure
2019-5-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

nilsonleow Posted at 5-29 10:55
Awesome shot! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the compliment.  I more ways than one we all are lucky that the wind was not howling on the day as it really gets up to 70km/h sometimes.
2019-5-30
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been riding motorcycles for years and would absolutely love to ride that beautiful road off the coast.
2019-5-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice job! would love to ride a bike thru there.
2019-5-30
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 5-30 04:57
Thank you for your compliment, however I like to think that most, even amateur, photographers who has a little sense of composition would have been able to create a similar shot.

What REALLY caught my eye were the shadows from the left. I was traveling due south and it was about 10:30am hence the shadows from my back.

You're very welcome
2019-5-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 5-30 05:07
Thank you Captain Woe.

I once (2010) traveled from Atlanta, Georgia through Tennessee and Northern Carolina following the Tail of the Dragon, Smoky Mountain Parkway and part of the Blue Ridge Parkway during the beginning of Fall.  Just imagine the scenes if I had a Mavic Air at that time

Awesome. maybe time to do it again.
2019-5-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

ALABAMA Posted at 5-30 06:02
Nice job! would love to ride a bike thru there.

Thank you for the compliment.  It is not as challenging as Tail of the Dragon (which I did 3X in 24 hours) but at least one can look out far as there are many scenic outlooks.
2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is one of the reasons I got the drone, you can actually see what's going on way ahead than from where you are if not we are stuck to the mercy of the journalist photos uploaded but sometimes they are very out-of-date.  Sometimes the area is no longer the same as it used to be like Paradise, CA.  The only up-to-date delay we have to what is actually happening is the streaming feed to the screen and the screen processing it.

I've always wanted to capture great images from the sky since trying to put the Gopro in the air with custom drones but could never do it due to the massive jello but now the day is now.
2019-5-31
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Hi Hendrik, that is a very nice pic of an awesome road. Thanks for sharing
2019-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HendrikJB Posted at 5-30 05:10
You are most welcome and thank you for the compliment.

It is always my pleasure HendrikJB. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-1
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Sky Carrier Posted at 5-31 22:30
Hi Henrik, that is a very nice pic of an awesome road. Thanks for sharing

I`ve been traveling that road on and off since 1983 . Then we moved there permanently and I have the privilege to it anytime that I wanted since 1994. I must have traveled it more than a thousand time both ways and still cannot tire of the awesome views.

This day however I just decide to turn back in order to get this view to share with like-minded individuals such as yourself. As you can, even thought it was burn barren of any vegetation in most places it is still and awesome view.  The mountains in the background are about 750 m above mean sea level.  One day when I`m not in a hurry I will stop in the same place and take the same photo just to show the awesomeness of Nature.
2019-6-1
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 6-1 10:02
I`ve been traveling that road on and off since 1983 . Then we moved there permanently and I have the privilege to it anytime that I wanted since 1994. I must have traveled it more than a thousand time both ways and still cannot tire of the awesome views.

This day however I just decide to turn back in order to get this view to share with like-minded individuals such as yourself. As you can, even thought it was burn barren of any vegetation in most places it is still and awesome view.  The mountains in the background are about 750 m above mean sea level.  One day when I`m not in a hurry I will stop in the same place and take the same photo just to show the awesomeness of Nature.

Hendrik,

I would really appreciate that. Thanks in advance.
2019-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules