New Canadian Drone Law
1617 4 2019-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1c013969
lvl.2
Flight distance : 766791 ft
Canada

I've been doing some reading on the forums about the exams for Canadians regarding the new drone law being passed.
I was just wondering if anyone knew about the Advanced Certificate. Apparently, according to some drone forums, you can't register DJI drones if you've done the advanced exam.

Is this true???
2019-5-30
Use props
Chipper59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1344406 ft
Canada

I registered my drone before taking the exam.
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide their recommendation in regards to your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-19
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You will have no problem registering your drones wither or without a certificate.  You will have to create a Transport Canada ID though as part of the registration process.
2019-6-30
Use props
DrBongola
lvl.1
Canada

Not true. The new regulations came into effect on June 1, 2019, and are posted on-line, on the Transport Canada site. Not only can you register your drone, but you must register your drone (if it is over 250 grams in weight). You do not need either the Basic or the Advanced certificate to do this.  In fact, in order to get the Advanced Certificate, you must not only pass the separate exam, but you must complete a "Flight Review".  You will do that with your own drone, which must be registered prior to the test.
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules