SELF HEATING BATTERY QUESTION
3158 20 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1000315 ft
Turkey

Hello, i have M2p (not enterprise) I bought 2 self heating battery, a little prepare for winter and ski..

I tested it in freezer , yes it is working. I tested the battery separate from drone.

But I want to be sure about that; will it automatically turn heating on WHEN FLYING? I can’t test it.

When I am flying on follow me mode when skiing at a temp. Of -10 or below,  and if battery temp. falls under 6 degree, ( because flying using power, battery gets warm naturally and may be battery will never drop under even  10 degree, !! May be) will auto heating system automatically turned on? The question is this.

Thank you
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should NEVER put a battery in a freezer!
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day erl. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry regarding the DJI Mavic 2 Self-Heating Battery. Yes, the battery of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise is compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. In addition please note the self-heating feature of the said battery is not available with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-6-7
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Turkey

AJC-W Posted at 6-7 08:39
You should NEVER put a battery in a freezer!

The time in freezer was in my control , total time in it is 9 minutesand freezer was at -5
2019-6-7
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 09:33
Hello and good day erl. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry regarding the DJI Mavic 2 Self-Heating Battery. Yes, the battery of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise is compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. In addition please note the self-heating feature of the said battery is not available with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

Hello Stephen, thank you for reply. By saying “ ..self heating feature of the said battery is not available with m2p and m2z”

Do you mean when flying, if battery temp drops under 6, it will not automatically turn itself on , because it is not enterprise series?? Right ?

2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

erl Posted at 6-7 13:07
Hello Stephen, thank you for reply. By saying “ ..self heating feature of the said battery is not available with m2p and m2z”

Do you mean when flying, if battery temp drops under 6, it will not automatically turn itself on , because it is not enterprise series?? Right ?

Thank you for the reply erl. The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise self heating battery function will not be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. In addition I will be posting the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise user manual for you to be able to learn more about the said battery. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

2019-6-7
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 13:22
Thank you for the reply erl. The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise self heating battery function will not be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. In addition I will be posting the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise user manual for you to be able to learn more about the said battery. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2_Enterprise/20190528/Mavic_2_Enterprise_Series_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Dear Stephen, thank you again, it is now very clear
For m2p users self heating works manually, but not automatically.

Will there an firmware update about this, because I paid this just for flying when skiing. So how can I officially appeal for enterprise battery Run fully functional  on m2p or zoom.  
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

erl Posted at 6-7 13:02
The time in freezer was in my control , total time in it is 9 minutesand freezer was at -5

The condensation is not - the water droplets can get inside the battery and if they come into contact with the chemistry in the cells is may even lead to the battery exploding... Putting one of these batteries in a freezer is simply foolish.
2019-6-8
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Turkey

AJC-W Posted at 6-8 00:00
The condensation is not - the water droplets can get inside the battery and if they come into contact with the chemistry in the cells is may even lead to the battery exploding... Putting one of these batteries in a freezer is simply foolish.

Make sense, you may be right. But it’s too late
I won’t try again,
Thank you for warning
2019-6-8
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Turkey

erl Posted at 6-7 14:12
Dear Stephen, thank you again, it is now very clear  
For m2p users self heating works manually, but not automatically.

Any reply ?
2019-6-8
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

erl Posted at 6-8 04:23
Make sense, you may be right. But it’s too late
I won’t try again,
Thank you for warning

You're welcome
2019-6-8
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Russia

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2_Enterprise/20190528/Mavic_2_Enterprise_Series_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Stephen, will that batteries be fully operational on m2p, i need to fly this winter at skiing, that’s why I bought enterprise batteries, waiting reply
2019-6-21
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Russia

Stephen, will that batteries be fully operational on m2p, i need to fly this winter at skiing, that’s why I bought enterprise batteries, waiting reply
2019-6-21
Use props
Stryker03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206345 ft

United States

It is my understanding that while the battery will function as a battery.  the self heating will not function in M2P.
2019-6-22
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Russia

Stryker03 Posted at 6-22 04:51
It is my understanding that while the battery will function as a battery.  the self heating will not function in M2P.

Yes, they say so. I tried the batteries manually, when it is under 6, if you pressing self heating works.
But if you flying with m2p at a cold weather, and if battery temperature drops under 6, self heating function will not automatically turn itself on!! It is. It fair )
I wasted my money.
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

erl Posted at 6-21 23:20
Stephen, will that batteries be fully operational on m2p, i need to fly this winter at skiing, that’s why I bought enterprise batteries, waiting reply

Hello and good day erl. Yes, you may be able to use the said intelligent flight batteries on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro but please note the self-heating feature is not available with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-6-22
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

My apologies as this is not in anyway an answer to your question, but it might provide some insight. I often fly my old Mavic Pro 1 in winter (same basic battery chemistry). I keep all spare batteries in my inside coat pockets next to my body so it's warm when it starts out. After a 20 minute flight in -10°C they are not as cold to the touch as the rest of the drone and I've never encountered problems. My 4 batteries all have about 40 charges each and still preform well. Just try to fly on the sunniest, warmest winter days. When you push the design limits, the biggest thing to remember is to fly in a safe manner so that if you have a battery failure you crash in the snow, not on people.
2019-6-24
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Turkey

TrevorSK Posted at 6-24 12:02
My apologies as this is not in anyway an answer to your question, but it might provide some insight. I often fly my old Mavic Pro 1 in winter (same basic battery chemistry). I keep all spare batteries in my inside coat pockets next to my body so it's warm when it starts out. After a 20 minute flight in -10°C they are not as cold to the touch as the rest of the drone and I've never encountered problems. My 4 batteries all have about 40 charges each and still preform well. Just try to fly on the sunniest, warmest winter days. When you push the design limits, the biggest thing to remember is to fly in a safe manner so that if you have a battery failure you crash in the snow, not on people.

Thank you Trever, good advise. Actually I am doing the same, if I ski I carry the batteries under my snow jacket, I mean between my body and the jacket. I just bought them, if the batteries goes under 6 when flying, a precaution. But I learned it is not working automatically on non enterprise series very late ) its my mistake I should search it deeply before buying . Any way , thank you for your support..
2019-7-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 13:17
Hello and good day erl. Yes, you may be able to use the said intelligent flight batteries on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro but please note the self-heating feature is not available with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Thank you for your understanding and support.

the Mavic 2 series in theory could use the automatic self heating function if DJI wishes to enable it...literally just a software toggle no fancy separate hardware.

feature request:   enable Automatic self heater function in Mavic 2 series for compatible batteries..   DJI could sell these batteries for slight markup as well to general public and since already making them in form of M2E batteries wouldn't be that hard to do this..
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day HereForTheBeer. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-21
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Turkey

Hello Stephen, is there any update about this issue. Is it functioning automatically when flying. I am at the montain for skiing and need this information , thank you in advance
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules