Unlocking code frustration!
2123 6 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Below is an email that I just sent to the flysafe people.  When I had my Mavic Air it seemed easy to unlock my area so I can fly in the big empty field out back.
I spent hours today trying to get my Mavic 2 to come out of the NFZ mode.  I also talked to three different product support people who told me they didn't know the steps to use on the DJIGo4 program to get the unlock code into my Mavic 2.    I asked them "Don't they train you on the DjiGo4 program?"  They said "Yes ... but not that part!"

So I didn't know if it was operator error or (doing things out of order) or whether I was missing a step entirely.  at the end I finally got it flying but I am still confused why the website technique didn't work.  ( I would MUCH rather get all the unlock codes I need before I go out then try to do it while squinting into my cell phone screen)
Any Ideas?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Flysafe support,
I  have looked at your website, and videos but can't seem to find any step  by step instructions on how to download the unlock codes into my Mavic  2.
I  have had my Mavic 2 for 2 days now and I am not allowed to fly.   Even  though I was flying my Mavic pro around here up to a few days ago.(using  the unlock codes DJI supplied)

First  I went on your website, got the unlocking license good for three days,  verified myself and then the license appeared in my DJIgo 4 program.

Next I went into the menu. Hit the unlocking list button and there was the proper unlocking code.
There was also five buttons,,   App  Aircraft  Refresh  Import and of course you can tap the license too.
There  are no instructions on what to do at this point. I have tried very  conceivable combination of hitting these buttons.  I have never received  any notification that says the license actually made it to the  aircraft.  When i went out to look at it (about 9 times today)  it always  says NFZ

I didn't have these problems with my Mavic Pro but since I returned it, I have no way of seeing how it compares to the Mavic 2.

Finally  5 minutes ago, I just tried to take off regardless of the NFZ notification.  the DJI Go program came up  with a can't fly warning , then asked me whether I wanted it unlocked.  When I said yes, it re verified me and now I can fly!

I have wasted SO much time on this today and I still don't know what is happening.

So please answer the following questions:

1. - Can you give me the exact step by step to load the license into the aircraft?
( there is a video that attempts this but it has a button called "sync" on it's menu that I don't have in mine)
2 - Should I get some kind of verification message that will tell me when the license id in the aircraft?
3  - is it enough to just go on the website, get the unlock code and then  use the DjiGO4 menu to unlock the craft? or do I always have to go  attempt to lift off, get the error message and then re verify in order  to fly?
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced. However, you can only unlock the specific location using our website if it is not inside the Red Warning Zone. Wherein, if you are in the red warning zone you need to contact our support team at flysafe@dji.com since we don't have the option to unlock or get a code for that specific location. You may refer to the link below for the GeoMap. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always. Cheers!

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-6-7
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-7 14:28
Hi, there. On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced. However, you can only unlock the specific location using our website if it is not inside the Red Warning Zone. Wherein, if you are in the red warning zone you need to contact our support team at  since we don't have the option to unlock or get a code for that specific location. You may refer to the link below for the GeoMap. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always. Cheers!

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Thanks for your reply Gamora.  I am not sure what it was about my post that led you to think I was trying to unlock a red zone.   I mentioned that I was successfully flying my Mavic pro for the last couple weeks in this area.  That should have given you a clue that it wasn't a red zone.  It is a blue authorization zone.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Magic Maniac Posted at 6-7 17:02
Thanks for your reply Gamora.  I am not sure what it was about my post that led you to think I was trying to unlock a red zone.   I mentioned that I was successfully flying my Mavic pro for the last couple weeks in this area.  That should have given you a clue that it wasn't a red zone.  It is a blue authorization zone.

I am terribly sorry for the late reply, and I am sorry for the confusion. In your case, we had checked your ticket, the flysafe team had replied to your email, please kindly check if that helps your situation. And to provide you a better solution, we may suggest that you keep updating with our flysafe team via email. I will also keep an eye on the ticket as well, hope your case can be sorted out soon.
2019-6-10
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hallo Magic Maniac,  i also have unlocked a blue zone with the Flysafe@dji.com team for my Spark(with the controller serial number of the Spark) for 1 year.
With one extra confirmation click the Spark takes of.
The recent Mavic 2 needs the "take-off" move on the controller before the safety warnings appear, and you have to have internet acces...
The acces license seems to be in your account.
2019-6-11
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
United States

RE: Unlocking code frustration! _ SOLVED?

JMR58 Posted at 6-11 07:48
Hallo Magic Maniac,  i also have unlocked a blue zone with the  team for my Spark(with the controller serial number of the Spark) for 1 year.
With one extra confirmation click the Spark takes of.
The recent Mavic 2 needs the "take-off" move on the controller before the safety warnings appear, and you have to have internet acces...

JMR58,  Thanks for your input.  I have went back and forth with support about 6 times over this.
Support seems to think you can just follow this procedure and that will be enough to let you fly.
Link to procedure:  
Unlocking Steps for DJI GO 4 V2.pdf

It turns out that when you follow the procedure it doesn't actually remove the NFZ zone warning.
You have to actually attempt to take off which brings up another warning and a series of check boxes you have to tag.  Once you do that, it finally says "Ready to Fly"

it is kind of a long involved procedure to have to do that everytime I power cycle the drone.  (I am doing that frequently trying to save battery power as I am experimenting with all the new features)  yes , I'm a newbie.

The most annoying thing is the way the Flysafe support is setup!  Instead of one person responding to me I had three different people none of them who seemed to know the history of what other people had told me.  The last time i sent an email, It had the previous 3 emails attached to it.  When I got a reply ALL of those emails were missing and the support person was repeating requests for information that already been sent twice!

I worked in computer support for a few years and have never seen anything this disorganized.  Over the total amount of exchanges I asked probably 12 different questions. only 3 of those were answered.
plus the resolution to the problem I had to figure out myself.  

Bottom Line:  I simple 5 minute phone call could have got me the answers i needed and I could have figured it out from there.  Instead, their email only policy wasted a LOT of their and my time.
2019-6-11
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-10 02:19
I am terribly sorry for the late reply, and I am sorry for the confusion. In your case, we had checked your ticket, the flysafe team had replied to your email, please kindly check if that helps your situation. And to provide you a better solution, we may suggest that you keep updating with our flysafe team via email. I will also keep an eye on the ticket as well, hope your case can be sorted out soon.

Gamora,  Thanks for your response.  I finally figured it out on my own.  Working with the support team proved very frustrating. See my other post (#6)  As a former computer support person I would love to talk to
one of the Flysafe managers just so they can get an idea of what the encounter was like . Not because I want to complain or pick on anybody.  I just think if they had the same support protocols in place as my former company they would be a LOT more efficient.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to contact anyone in management.

Kevin
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules