waypoint flight in area where no google maps
596 3 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
penc
lvl.2
United States

Hi, Ill be doing a treck in Peru, beyond the land of (acurate) google maps. I want to fly my mavic 2 along the edge of a glacer, I can get GPS points from google earth, and was after people's opinions on whether Litchi would be the best for this? Ive never used it before, and have only had this drone for 3 weeks so fairly new to it. Can I import from G-Earth to Litchi? I read something about it not being so good at altitude and that needs individual point setting? And advice very welcome! Thanks!

2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waypoints V2.0 is a vast improvement over 1.0 and should satisfy your needs. Litchi is also excellent for waypoints but using it invalidates the DJI warranty
2019-6-12
Use props
penc
lvl.2
United States

Thanks AJC-W. The problem I have is that the definition in G-Maps is too low in this area, so I dont think I can accurately set up waypoints on the controller. I was hoping to use a bigger screen and somehow import them. Do you know if WaypointsV2.0 will do this?
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

penc Posted at 6-12 11:18
Thanks AJC-W. The problem I have is that the definition in G-Maps is too low in this area, so I dont think I can accurately set up waypoints on the controller. I was hoping to use a bigger screen and somehow import them. Do you know if WaypointsV2.0 will do this?

I don't believe it will. You can turn on the drone at home and create your mission from your living room and it will save to the device but other than using an iPad that is your best option.
2019-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules