Why does the OA warning message pop up when there is no obstacle?
1068 3 2019-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans95a97a85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21329 ft
United States

It's happened a couple of times now, where I would be flying during the day, bright blue skys and sunny, pretty windy. And the OA warning message pops up, but there is no obstacle in my way. My drone wouldn't allow me to move forward. I had to land it in the field and turn it off.  
2019-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The most common reason is that the drone is flying toward a bright, low sun which it sees as an obstacle.
In that situation, it's a simple matter to switch the OA off (do you really need it anyway?) or turn the drone to fly a different course so it's not straight into the sun.
2019-6-19
Use props
fans95a97a85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21329 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-19 16:45
The most common reason is that the drone is flying toward a bright, low sun which it sees as an obstacle.
In that situation, it's a simple matter to switch the OA off (do you really need it anyway?) or turn the drone to fly a different course so it's not straight into the sun.

Thanks! ill turn off the OA. I have flew it, in a different direction, still nothing. but what did help was flying backwards lol.  
2019-6-19
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

At least you know the Obstacle Avoidance is working - if nowt else,  that's gotta be reassuring ???
2019-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules