CAA Release CAP1789: Is this the death of PFCO in UK?
1883 6 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ikopta5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2204462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CAA have published #CAP1789. It's the EU Drone regulation package to be adopted by all member states in July 2020. This is a major shift on focus from segregated Commercial/recreational classed #Drone flights in the UK, to one class of "remote pilots".  This means you will no longer need a #PFCO ( permission for commercial operation) as the purpose of a drone flight will no-longer be relevant.

2019-6-24
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Saw your vid yesterday (and commented).

I am just doing my PfCO and naturally am a bit miffed but I guess that's progress and will open up the commercial sector.

If, however, they suddenly come up with something to replace the PfCO, another expensive course/license to unlock some commercial sector, I'd be furious.

I guess the yearly CAA fees will be scrapped?
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting topic for our valued DJI Forum members. Great find.
2019-6-25
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

All the 'powers that be' are still either scrambling to make proper regulations, or just prepping to restrict most sUAS piloting to corporation/government entities.
2019-6-26
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting find, the Uk government has for the past few years been too preoccupied with Brexit / leadership contests (am trying to be polite here) to govern...they are truly taking liberties.
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ChrisJG Posted at 6-26 07:43
Interesting find, the Uk government has for the past few years been too preoccupied with Brexit / leadership contests (am trying to be polite here) to govern...they are truly taking liberties.

It’s been pretty obvious for some time now that most avaition authorities in Europe are more than happy for EASA to come up with a program of safety and rules for flying drones in Europe .

EASA have completed their first draft on new rules for flying in Europe it has passed all necessary papers in the EU and should be published towards the end of this year and it is expected to be adopted by all European avaition bodies, there may be some specific amendments for some countries, but by and large we in Europe will soon be flying under the same rules.

These rules are quite liberal and will be there to encourage new drone flyers all over Europe, contrary to what we are told and read in both forums and rag mags . I believe we will all benefit through these rules, they will make travelling with and flying drones a lot less hassle etc.

EASA are responsible for most aspects of safe flying throughout Europe, there record is exceptional and they are the natural body to regulate for the safety of flying Drones, and having attended many of their seminars it’s clear they very much want to support drone flying throughout Europe .
2019-6-26
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-26 11:28
It’s been pretty obvious for some time now that most avaition authorities in Europe are more than happy for EASA to come up with a program of safety and rules for flying drones in Europe .

EASA have completed their first draft on new rules for flying in Europe it has passed all necessary papers in the EU and should be published towards the end of this year and it is expected to be adopted by all European avaition bodies, there may be some specific amendments for some countries, but by and large we in Europe will soon be flying under the same rules.

^^^this^^^
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules