Smart Controller Problem - Locked
4780 10 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1FJEd1qSaZQn
lvl.2
United States

I found the recent information about using Google Play on the Smart Controller and was able to successfully install and use it.  The problem started when I logged onto Google Play using a Google Suite business account.  Due to extra security, it indicated that I had to use a screen lock.  I set up a pattern lock.  When I turned on the controller the next time, it asked for my pattern.   I can draw the pattern on the 3x3 dot pattern all day, and it doesn't seem to recognize me drawing the pattern on the screen.  I can't fail out the pattern and recover, that never happens.  I've tried refreshing and downgrading the firmware.  It downloads, but never seems to install on the controller, remaining at 0% during the transfer phase.  I've tried adb tools, but debugging was not enabled.  I supposedly have a ticket open with dji after spending about an hour in chat, getting nowhere.  I'm praying there is a key combination that will cause a factory reset.  Since the controller never gets to the point where android boots, I can't reach it over wifi or usb-c.  Any ideas would be welcome.
2019-6-25
Use props
fansd7ccbc7c
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Ouch!
I fell down the same rat hole. I was having such fun, but the moment I rebooted, the party was over. Mine is waiting for an unlock code, but it won't accept any input from the screen. Plugging in an external keyboard/trackpad lets me generate an onscreen keyboard, but the controller won't accept any data from the keyboard, the screen, or mouse presses on the onscreen keys.

Like you, I tried everything with negative results. I finally filled out a service ticket and mailed into DJI's factory for repair.
2019-8-15
Use props
AceMartin
lvl.1
Australia

You had to mail in for repair?! I am having the same issue. Wish it was more clearly explained that play store install would ruin the operation of controllers. I plugged in a keyboard got a keyboard showing on screen but wouldn't accept any input
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AceMartin Posted at 1-8 01:43
You had to mail in for repair?! I am having the same issue. Wish it was more clearly explained that play store install would ruin the operation of controllers. I plugged in a keyboard got a keyboard showing on screen but wouldn't accept any input
Did you follow this process to install the Google Play Store

https://www.certifiedaerials.com ... ji-smart-controller

Litchi can be installed on the SC

https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors

2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_ynVnCtU7wyHs
New

United States

Hey buddy.  Same exact thing happened to me.  I found your post and am wondering how you solved.  Kindly share.
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_ynVnCtU7wyHs
New

United States

Hey buddy.  Same exact thing happened to me.  I found your post and am wondering how you solved.  Kindly share.
2020-5-30
Use props
Higher Perspectives
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_ynVnCtU7wyHs Posted at 5-30 15:57

I had to mail it in for repair.  Do NOT set up security on the smart controller.  This was because I set it up with a Google Business account.  If you have a Google Business account, disable the Pin/Pattern/Password requirement for the account.
2020-6-3
Use props
Eider
lvl.1

United States

Higher Perspectives Posted at 2020-6-3 08:00
I had to mail it in for repair.  Do NOT set up security on the smart controller.  This was because I set it up with a Google Business account.  If you have a Google Business account, disable the Pin/Pattern/Password requirement for the account.

Fell into this trap as well. Had to mail in for repair, but luckily, they did not charge me for the fix.
2021-3-21
Use props
santiago villegas
lvl.1
Canada

Same to my guys very sad ..
2021-3-25
Use props
sriram
lvl.1

India

How to solve it ?? Pls explain the procedure
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_Hv3i6nSJEaZv
New
Flight distance : 647031 ft

Spain

Mi smart controller se ha bloqueado. No se enciende . La luz de catga esta roja i las cuatro luces blancas fijas.
1-27 11:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules