Spark RC cannot link to Spark and RC does not broadcast WiFi
925 2 2019-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tchappell
lvl.1
United States

I just bought a Spark and R/C with the Fly More combo.  After the initial set up and a few short flights, I was prompted for a firmware update and allowed all of the firmware updates to download and complete.  I bought an OTG cable and when I plugged it in, the R/C and my DJI Go 4 app recognized the cable and I was able to fly a couple short flights using the Spark, R/C with OTG cable.       But then all of a sudden the R/C stopped connecting to the Spark.  The R/C still powers on, but is not linked to the Spark and no longer broadcasts a WiFi signal. (I ran a separate WiFi manager tool to detect any nearby signals).  The R/C is not able to be reset or linked back to the Spark using the normal method of simultaneously holding down Pause + Fn + custom button.  The R/C will give just 1 short single beep after about 11-12 seconds, but no repeated beeps or any other indicator.  My Samsung phone is also not able to connect to the R/C either via WiFi and the OTG cable doesn't seem to make any difference.

I am able to fly my Spark using my phone via WiFi, but that is not why I bought a remote controller!  How can I fix my remote controller or re-link my R/C to my Spark?

sincerely,
Tony

2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tony. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the DJI Spark and then try to re link the remote controller to the said drone. In addition I will be posting an official tutorial video on how to link how to link DJI Spark's Remote Controller. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

2019-6-28
Use props
w2csa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12631 ft
United States

I had the same issue, Stephens post solved the problem.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules