Full throttle forward sometimes causes auto-breaking
1096 2 2019-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SenNel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just on my second flight. Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller.
I've got 3 batteries so I've managed some reasonable flight time in my first two flights.

So far everything is going smoothly, trying to read as much as possible, but I have encountered one thing which I don't quite get and I haven't been able to find. Unfortunately, I didn't take a pic of the little yellow pop-up window that I get, but the conditions tend to be straight forward:

• If I push forward completely I will sometimes get a yellow pop-up telling me to release the sticks. I don't seem to be going faster than 20mph.
  • Not much wind if any though at 100+ ft. it may be hard for me to judge what it is like up there.
  • Height doesn't seem to affect this, but I've noticed it at multiple altitudes.
  • I'm not sure if it is the same issue, but I sometimes notice that it will auto-break when returning to home automatically, but I should verify it is the same thing since I'm not pushing forward during that.
  • I have not tried Sports mode, have been flying in Position mode exclusively, though I've seen some posts/videos which say you can get quicker. I'm no longer flying with Beginner mode.
  • Distance isn't the issue, as it happens within 100-300 ft away and I don't believe it is a connection issue since I have strong signals when it happens and video is clear and uninterrupted.

I was wondering if Position mode is what is causing it, but I can't find anything that would attribute it to this.

I did think it might be the stick calibration, so when I got home I re-calibrated the controller sticks, but I haven't had a chance to test since.

Anyone recoginize this behavior and know whether it is normal?
2019-6-29
Use props
djiuser_YRS2mLu5sE2Z
New
Flight distance : 120669 ft

United States

Is the drone pointing toward bright sun? The forward sensor can be blinded which make it think there is an obstacle.
2019-6-30
Use props
SenNel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YRS2mLu5sE2Z Posted at 6-30 13:47
Is the drone pointing toward bright sun? The forward sensor can be blinded which make it think there is an obstacle.

I've been reading about that, but it happened with a fairly overcast day as well, so I'm not sure if that is what it is.

That said, I did see a video of the problem you describe and that is exactly what I'm experiencing, but it doesn't seem to be related to the sun. The other thing is that it appears to be forward only.

My plan is to try Sport mode the next time I go (hopefully July 4th) and see if the problem persists in that mode. If it doesn't, then it does seem to be a variation on that sun confusion issue.

Another thought in case anyone knew: does calibrating the anti-collision sensors sound like something to do in this case?
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules