Spark running 18650 batteries
7448 6 2019-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hFNxPo907qjZ
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys i am in the process of changing over my lipo batteries with 18650 li ion batteries i have my li ion batteries connected to 3 male seprate JST connectors i have the PCB board connected to 3 female JST connectors I'mhaving a problem getting power thru the LED's wont light up is this because i am connecting 1 battery cell at a time and its triggering a diode on the batteries PCB board?

Do u think i need a main power switch to convert from 0 power to 12.45v instead of connecting each battery and going from 0v to 4.15v than connect another battery to 8.30v than another to 12.45v?
021.jpg
022.jpg
006.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that DJI doesn't recommend fixing the drones or batteries as this would void the warranty of the unit. Fixing your unit without the correct process may affect the performance of your drone that would cause the incident. We do appreciate your understanding. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2019-6-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Several thoughts crossed my mind when I read your post.
1/ How are you charging the cells? Everyone knows that the charge characteristics of the technologies are quite different. Particularly the detection of the fully charged state. I can only assume the cells are charged by a charger designed for Li-ion and not through the DJI battery circuit board. Or have I misunderstood your post?
2/ How are the cylindrical, metal cased cells (18650) being fitted into the battery case? Or perhaps they aren't and are just taped in. Interesting...
3/ I am all for experimentation. It can lead to interesting discoveries. What I would be concerned about would be an attempt to fly this lash-up anywhere near people or property you don't own. If this were a laptop, we can be certain that failure of the battery will never result in it falling from the sky. Just imagine, sending the drone up in a normal flight and a glitch or mismatched voltages causes it to fall to earth. Messy!
Even with genuine DJI batteries, failures are well documented.
Assuming you have all bases safely covered, good luck with your experiment.
2019-7-7
Use props
djiuser_hssNh82lef9R
New

India

Need help identifying a JST connector
I did a bad thing. A friend gave me a broken Jabra 9400 pro headset for free, thinking the battery was the problem. They were half right - the female end of the battery connector on the pcb had a busted contact. When I tried to get underneath it to see if i could do anything, I busted the whole thing off the board. Now I'm looking for a replacement female connector, but I'm not confident of the part since there's no identifier and Jabra's documentation is mostly in Chinese.

2019-7-9
Use props
djiuser_hssNh82lef9R
New

India

my issue got solved!!
2019-7-12
Use props
alfredsaonoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31923 ft
Philippines

Apologies if I'm posting a question here. I'm not able to post a new thread although just wanted to confirm since I just bough my spark this week and I already have 1 hr of flight time. I've used the spark for Sunrise and Sunset photos/videos.

Will using the spark regularly/frequently make it more susceptible to wear and tear? Will my batteries be affected if I'm constantly using it? I'm just worried that my frequent use will cause issues with my drone. I'm pretty new to this but also wanted to learn more about how to get certain shots.

I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest or at least provide me some insight on my use as well as tips.
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_v73eAxAozm7x
New

Germany

Can i buy such a kit for my spark?
2021-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules