DJI hasn't been returning my drone for a month now!
640 4 2019-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hritick14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1020735 ft
United States

Hello,

I bought a new DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo in January 2019. After using it for about 2 months, there was some update like usual, and after updating, I found there was some image transmission issue with the drone, controller and the phone (I tried using 3 different phones, both iOS and Android, still the problem persisted.) As this drone was pretty new, I sent it for servicing (Case # CAS-2953310-K0J3Y7, Date: 04/26/2019). The issue was taken care of very promptly, I received notification that the main core board of the drone will be replaced under warranty and I was good with it. Now, after that I received another notification from DJI support that they are going to replace the drone and the controller with a new one and of course I didn't have any problem with that.
On receiving the replaced drone, I found even that had similar issues with transmission and even it's gimbal wasn't stable like it used to be with my originally boughr mavic air. So, without a choice, I again contacted DJI support and crearted a case and sent back the drone to them (Case # CAS-3028914-S9B3Y2,  Date: 05/06/2019).
The following process was again similar like the last time. I received notification that DJI is going to repair the drone, but instead they replaced it again. This time when I received the replaced drone, on opening the box, I found that some genius from DJI's service tream, had packed the drone in the same carrying case along with a metal controller thumbstick in it and obviously the drone was all scratched up frome everywhere during shipping.

I immediately contacted DJI again and sent the drone back to them for the 3rd time now( Case #  CAS-3118085-B9S7Q3,  Date: 06/04/2019). This time, I receive a call from a DJI executive trying to convince me that the scratches weren't from the thumbstick, so I told, then this must have been a refurbished procuct with scratches on it from before and to my surprise that was true! The support executive told me that the replacements they had been sending out were all refurbished and any refurbished product will have some sort of a cosmetic damage on it!
They tried to convince me that there was nothing wrong with the drone, but my argument is, I had paid for a brand new drone, if I needed a refurbished one, then I would have got thet the in the first place, instead! Infact it would have been a lot cheaper for me. So, I bluntly told them that if DJI is not competent enough to repair my drone then they should either replace it with a NEW one or else refund me my money.
Since then it has been a month now and DJI hasn't done anything about it. I call them up once every week and all I hear is that they haven't recieved any "correspondence" from the decision making authorities. Just today, I spoke to them for an hour on phone and the support executive did absolutely nothing to solve my problem, when I asked him to get the authorities or his supervisor on phone, he said he can't do that and when I asked him about the latest update from the concerned department, he said there hasn't been any. So, one whole month and nothing has been done from DJI's end!

It's been more that 2 months with 3 different cases that I've been going back and forth with DJI for one single product with a minor issue. I wanna go on a vaccation and I wanna shoot with my drone, which I obviously haven't been able to do, thanks to DJI's great after sales service and now I'm worried if I'll either get my drone back or not!

Please can someone help or suggest what should I do?

Thank you.

Hritick Chakravorty
Chicago, Illinois
07/02/2019

2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we are so sorry to read about your unpleasant experience with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-7-2
Use props
Hritick14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1020735 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 7-2 11:44
Hi, we are so sorry to read about your unpleasant experience with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I don't wanna sound skeptical, but whenever I've called DJI support over this last few weeks, that is the exact same thing I've heard, what you just said.
I don't even get any updates about what actually is happening and I'm worried about the time it has been taking.
I hope you understand my problem.

Thank you.
2019-7-2
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Forbearance please:
I've waited too. It's  not the wait but instead the apprehension next drone unanticipated incident.
understand the service is different from retailed purchase. the premium goods are usually retail. after that, service is the only avenue. what you get out of service really boils down to factory issue day and sourced constituents within it. It's not magic. a great drone requires great factory processes and great sourced parts, all put together, a great bird
2019-7-2
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

And there you have it! Good Luck!!!   
"Hi, we are so sorry to read about your unpleasant experience with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding."
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules