Mavic Air & Google Pixel 2XL Connection Issues
414 0 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf3264cfe
lvl.1
United States

TLDR: Watch Video

Having problems with my Google Pixel 2XL connecting to the remote since day one. The issue has evolved over time a bit, tried different firmware versions, various USB debugging modes, talking with DJI (but getting nowhere). I've seen many other forum posts about this issue, but none of the suggested fixes seem to work. The conditions are:

• Developer mode/USB debugging: on or off
  • Airplane mode: on or off
  • Port: side or bottom
  • Remote control: not 100% charged (99%, no dice).

If the controller hasn't just come off the charger, the RC won't recognize the phone. The interesting bit seems to be that the charging indicator on the Pixel 2XL seems to be connecting and disconnecting every 2 or so seconds; almost as if the 2 devices can't decide which is going to charge the other.

I've been back and fourth with DJI on this, and even though the Pixel 2XL is supported, they don't seem to be offering a fix. They are blaming my charging port as being the culprit, even though I have no other indication there's any issue with my charging port. It does work properly with my wife's Google Pixel 1XL, but she's getting tired of me stealing her phone

Here's a video showing the issue: https://youtu.be/-Ow8jVxQzuw

Any help would be super appriciated!

2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules