Gimbal motor load fail since latest firmware?
1431 9 2019-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimharry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 720446 ft
Canada

Is it normal i just updated my drone to the latest firmware and the gimbal wont work ...?

I have a mavic pro, last time i used it was a month ago, worked perfectly fine.

I've used it twice in the last year lol and barely have 10 hours of flight time in 1,5 years...
2019-7-20
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

Oh and i am leaving on a trip tomorrow lol....This problem happened when i first bought the drone to my iceland trip, got the gimbal error there...
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please verify the exact error message that you receive in the app? Also, may I ask if the drone experience any hard landing or crashed? You may consider trying to refresh your firmware thru your PC using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-20
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-20 14:21
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please verify the exact error message that you receive in the app? Also, may I ask if the drone experience any hard landing or crashed? You may consider trying to refresh your firmware thru your PC using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I am trying a downgrade of firmware
2019-7-20
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-20 14:21
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please verify the exact error message that you receive in the app? Also, may I ask if the drone experience any hard landing or crashed? You may consider trying to refresh your firmware thru your PC using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I downgraded and still doesn't work..

Gimbal motor load too large. Please check if the gimbal clamp has been removed. Calibration gets stuck at 5%...gimbal just knocks itself up and down on startup....

what can i do before my trip??
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

slimharry Posted at 7-20 15:55
I downgraded and still doesn't work..

Gimbal motor load too large. Please check if the gimbal clamp has been removed. Calibration gets stuck at 5%...gimbal just knocks itself up and down on startup....

Hi, thank you for the additional information and we're sorry that you still experience the same issue. Can you please try to perform the IMU calibration to see if there would be some changes? I will be posting an official video tutorial on how to properly calibrate the IMU. If the problem persists. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!

2019-7-23
Use props
MikeKnowles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110843 ft
United States

Hey SlimHarry, did you ever get your problem resolved?  If so, how?  I'm experiencing the same error / issues on my Mavic Pro.  I've reset the bird to Factory Settings and am trying to download the latest firmware with DJI Assistant 2....and for the last 10 minutes, the "Downloading" process is at a whopping 0%....very frustrating.
Nice way to spend your time....trying to reset your drone and looking for answers on a forum versus giving another $200 to DJI.
2019-7-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

MikeKnowles Posted at 7-25 17:40
Hey SlimHarry, did you ever get your problem resolved?  If so, how?  I'm experiencing the same error / issues on my Mavic Pro.  I've reset the bird to Factory Settings and am trying to download the latest firmware with DJI Assistant 2....and for the last 10 minutes, the "Downloading" process is at a whopping 0%....very frustrating.
Nice way to spend your time....trying to reset your drone and looking for answers on a forum versus giving another $200 to DJI.

I didn't resolve the issue. I will attempt to restore to factory settings today

On my trip, what worked to avoid the gimbal error but would fail mid-air after a few minutes is i'd put the drone UPSIDE DOWN while the gimbal motor restarted. Funny, the only way it would work...

I will in no way pay a repair fee for this, i will fight even tho the guarantee is over since 2-3 months. If I had done something wrong to the drone i would assume and pay for it without searching on the forum.
2019-7-29
Use props
MikeKnowles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110843 ft
United States

Thanks SlimHarry for the update.  I took the same troubleshooting path you are about to take and here are the results after at least 3 hours and multiple attempts.
1- Reset Drone to Factory Settings    2- Started with loading the most current firmware Version xxx.0500.....failed multiple times  3- Tried loading firmware and started with the oldest version available on the DJI site. Failed to upload.  4- Finally got the most current version to load.  Confirmed the remote + drone were operating with version 0.0500 firmware.
Zero impact to helping the gimbal......Looked at EVERTHING that could be impacting the gimbal and found nothing.
In my opinion, it is either a faulty circuit board or a bad ribbon cable.....NOTHING I did while flying, storing or transporting the drone would have caused this failure and I'm a hacked-off consumer that now has to pay to get a faulty product repaired!  Keep us posted please on your progress!
2019-7-29
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

MikeKnowles Posted at 7-29 07:02
Thanks SlimHarry for the update.  I took the same troubleshooting path you are about to take and here are the results after at least 3 hours and multiple attempts.
1- Reset Drone to Factory Settings    2- Started with loading the most current firmware Version xxx.0500.....failed multiple times  3- Tried loading firmware and started with the oldest version available on the DJI site. Failed to upload.  4- Finally got the most current version to load.  Confirmed the remote + drone were operating with version 0.0500 firmware.
Zero impact to helping the gimbal......Looked at EVERTHING that could be impacting the gimbal and found nothing.

I will. I am stuck at step 2 of IMU calibration...idunno how that will help the gimbal but im trying...Is it normal it takes a lot of time?
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules