Why is the Inspire so expensive in Australia?
5168 6 2014-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

When I first saw the US price I thought that it was reasonable. Even though the second controller was $500. So $3300 for the inspire with second controller in the US. In Australia it is $4800! With the second controller at $710 that's more expensive than a Futaba 14SG! I even with the difference in the exchange rate I don't see how they can justify the difference in price. Aussies being taken for a ride again.
2014-11-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Same reason
2014-11-13
Use props
tonymmorley
New

Hong Kong

Indeed, please explain why you have chosen to financially extort Australians with what can only be viewed as an Australian tax. This will only result in reduced sales in Australasia. No one in their right mind is going to stand for this, people will simply re-route their packages and use freight forwarding services, and then resent DJI to top things off. It's a real slap in the face to select Australian shipping and then magically the same product goes up in price $1231.00. So please explain in detail why it costs over a thousand dollars per unit for Australians.
2014-11-13
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

Do the conversion of US dollars in to Australian dollars then add freight, GST and import duties. You're not going to get it much cheaper from the US.

US$3296 from B&H New York.
2014-11-13
Use props
CineAir
lvl.2

Australia

To be honest I don't really see the point of the Inspire 1 in Australia anyway. New laws will soon allow people to use UAV's that weigh under 2kg for commercial purposes which means if we want 4k aerials we can use the Phantom with a GoPro 4 on it. Now if you buy the Inspire 1 to use commercially (which is the main reason to justify spending almost $5000 on it here) you will need to go and get fully qualified anyway which will cost around $15,000.

Now why would someone spend all that extra money and then not just get the S900 and use a decent camera?

I am struggling to understand DJI's reasoning behind this new model. I know it fits the middle ground between Phantom and S900 / S1000 but I don't see a decent market there. Too expensive for low end users but nowhere near good enough to be used professionally on commercials and films.
2014-11-13
Use props
dronelyfeAUS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75046 ft
Australia

CineAir Posted at 2014-11-13 19:32
To be honest I don't really see the point of the Inspire 1 in Australia anyway. New laws will soon allow people to use UAV's that weigh under 2kg for commercial purposes which means if we want 4k aerials we can use the Phantom with a GoPro 4 on it. Now if you buy the Inspire 1 to use commercially (which is the main reason to justify spending almost $5000 on it here) you will need to go and get fully qualified anyway which will cost around $15,000.

Now why would someone spend all that extra money and then not just get the S900 and use a decent camera?

point would be that your gimbal goes 360 degrees and shoots in 4k CIN DNG.

Can i ask if you have had much luck in gaining "good" Consistent work with a P4P?
knowing your unlicensed and wont get public liability as you state your operation is under 2kgs.

Just dont see how anything other than a payload bigger then the Inspire will get you any commercial work in Australia, so if you want a P4P please buy one and leave the big boys to the money ; )
2017-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dronelyfeAUS Posted at 2017-3-13 17:26
point would be that your gimbal goes 360 degrees and shoots in 4k CIN DNG.

Can i ask if you have had much luck in gaining "good" Consistent work with a P4P?

Please note that you have replied to a post that is 2.5 years old, and is no longer relevant. The person does not have a P4P, he is talking about a Phantom 2 with a GoPro Hero 4 camera attached.
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules