DJI Flysafe
960 0 2019-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have a general question about the DJI geo fencing feature.  First of all, I do believe this is a good idea and a proactive step on the part of DJI.  My question concerns how DJI determines these zones.  What criterea are they using to determing which areas require fencing and which do not.  I have an example in my particular case where I could not take off because I was in an authorization zone.  When I looked up the area on the DJI flysafe map it showed the authorization zone but associated it with a small grass landing strip over 5 miles from my location.  Further research shows that the field is not even active anymore and Skyvector has identified it as essentially unusable.  This small landing strip is associated with a relatively large NFZ.  The FAA does not regard this area as a NFZ, why would DJI?  Thinking this is a mistake I sent this information to flysafe support in hopes they would have someone review this area and remove it from the database....or if I am mistaken, explain why they consider it a sensitive airspace area.  They seem more concerned with helping me unlock the area.  I realize that I can have this zone unlocked but it seems like an unnecessary nuisance.
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules