Gimbal Overload / Check whether clamp is removed
1175 9 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VSin
lvl.1
Singapore

Hello everyone,

I am based in Singapore and I recently got the Mavic 2 Pro and after flying a few times, I am not unable to move the gimbal using my Remote Controller at all.

Below is the list of symptom and what I have tried so far based on what I found online:
  • When I power up the drone, the gimbal is moving around normally I think? before stabilizing straight forward.
  • After connecting the remote controller to the drone, I get either "Gimbal Overload" or "Check whether the clamp is removed".
  • I have tried different batteries
  • I have tried IMU calibration
  • I have tried Compass calibration
  • I have tried the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. First, update the latest software on the drone. Firmware update was successful. Restart the drone. Calibration from the Assistant 2 failed after 2 times. I am not sure why?
  • With the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, I also refreshed the firmware on the remote controler
  • I have tried all sort of position of power on for the drone also, upside down, on the side.
  • Even after all this, I am still not able to move the gimbal.

Is there anything I can do?
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day VSin. I am sorry for the trouble. Would it be possible if you could verify if your drone experiences any hard landing or a crash? Have you tried to re-calibrate the gimbal of the said drone to see if that would make any changes? However, if the problem persists, you could reach our DJI support at www.dji.com/support for further evaluation of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Do you have a filter added ?
2019-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into the gimbal settings menu - is it set to FPV or follow?
2019-7-31
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have crashed the drone, then you have most likely damaged the gimbal. If you didn't crash then the drone should be under warranty and you can return it to DJI to get it repaired. You didn't mention gimbal calibration which you should try, I assume you have actually removed the gimbal clamp ? that plastic dome thing is only for transport when it is not being used. Something you can try is to power off the drone and move the gimbal very slowly and gently along the 3 axis it uses to check for jamming/resistance, although if the item is in warranty you should just get it sent back to DJI.
2019-7-31
Use props
VSin
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-30 08:26
Hello and good day VSin. I am sorry for the trouble. Would it be possible if you could verify if your drone experiences any hard landing or a crash? Have you tried to re-calibrate the gimbal of the said drone to see if that would make any changes? However, if the problem persists, you could reach our DJI support at www.dji.com/support for further evaluation of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello Stephen,

No I haven't had any hard landing or crash. While flying once, I did experience a warning about the high wind but I didn't fly long after seeing it. I have tried to re-calibrate the gimbal multiple times.
- Using the mobile app application, the calibration finished but no change.
- While using the computer, the calibration it failed 2 times. I am not sure why.
2019-8-3
Use props
VSin
lvl.1
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 7-30 08:33
Do you have a filter added ?

Yes I flew a few times with an ND Filter however I have tried with the original filter and I am still having the same issue
2019-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

VSin Posted at 8-3 20:25
Yes I flew a few times with an ND Filter however I have tried with the original filter and I am still having the same issue

Any filter that doesn’t conform to weight for gimbal will seriously throw out your gimbals ability to work correctly.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

VSin Posted at 8-3 20:24
Hello Stephen,

No I haven't had any hard landing or crash. While flying once, I did experience a warning about the high wind but I didn't fly long after seeing it. I have tried to re-calibrate the gimbal multiple times.

Thank you for the given update VSin. Since this issue is still happening on the said drone. I would suggest you to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for further assessment and assistance. Thank you.
2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_WkSRNF30AeXF
New
Flight distance : 955 ft

Pakistan

Helo sir.i have phantom 4.gimbl is going very hot .gimbl overload massige on display when i takeoff the craft.how can solve this problim.plzz guaid me
2019-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules