P3 Pro Intelligent Flight Modes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
masonmjs
lvl.1

France

Hi All,

I am a newbie here but a long time owner of my Phantom 3 Pro (2015).

I must admit I have not used the aircraft for a while and have forgotten how to invoke the intelligent flight modes.  All of the tutorials I can find relate to the Phantom 3 Standard (which came out after the pro/adv series IIRC).  

Anyway, I know how to select the multiple flight modes on the GO App but I don't remember how to actually select the modes in flight / from the controller once the aircraft is flying.

If there is a good tutorial for the P3 Pro then please point me in the right direction (please not to a P3 Standard tutorial as the controller switches are different).

Thanks
Mike

2019-8-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mike,

After you select the "Intelligent Flight Modes" option, it will be displayed on the Live View screen but you may also have to toggle the silver FAP switch to "F" (Function).  Your Post does indicate that you know that you may have to be off the ground and 60 or so feet away for the modes to work.  It has been a while for me using the Intelligent Flight Modes with my P3 Pro.

Try searching YouTube for P3 Pro Tutorials, especially "Tom's Tech Time".  He has easily accessible DJI tutorials as well as his own.  

Hope this helps!  Let us know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-8-4
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

Scroll down the page for DJI flight modes instruction videos.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mike. Thank you for reaching out. I will be posting a link where in you can find all the tutorial videos for your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#video
2019-8-4
Use props
masonmjs
lvl.1

France

Cetacean Posted at 8-4 01:01
Aloha Mike,

After you select the "Intelligent Flight Modes" option, it will be displayed on the Live View screen but you may also have to toggle the silver FAP switch to "F" (Function).  Your Post does indicate that you know that you may have to be off the ground and 60 or so feet away for the modes to work.  It has been a while for me using the Intelligent Flight Modes with my P3 Pro.

Aloha Cetacean,

No prizes for guessing that you are based in Hawaii ?? I was lucky enough to spend a Christmas holiday there in 2013, did a bit of island hopping and generally had a good look around, very pleasant way to spend the festive season.

Thanks for the link, I will have a look for that and hopefully at the tutorial mentioned by the moderator below - thanks for the help and Aloha to you too

Thanks
Mike
2019-8-4
Use props
masonmjs
lvl.1

France

Air/America Posted at 8-4 03:20

Hi Air/America,

Not sure if you tried that yourself but all of the videos associated with the Phantom 3 Pro actually show the Phantom 3 Standard in flight (and the Phantom 3 Standard RC).  My RC does not have the buttons shown in the video. - thanks anyway.

Mike

2019-8-4
Use props
masonmjs
lvl.1

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 09:52
Hello and good day Mike. Thank you for reaching out. I will be posting a link where in you can find all the tutorial videos for your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#video

Hi Stephen,

Same answer as I gave to Air/America, the link takes me to a P3 Standard aircraft video, mine is the P3 Pro, it's a different RC so no S2/S2 buttons. I know this works because I have used it before, I just forget how !!!.

Is it possible that the C1/C2 buttons can be programmed for this purpose ??

Thanks
Mike
2019-8-4
Use props
masonmjs
lvl.1

France

Cetacean Posted at 8-4 01:01
Aloha Mike,

After you select the "Intelligent Flight Modes" option, it will be displayed on the Live View screen but you may also have to toggle the silver FAP switch to "F" (Function).  Your Post does indicate that you know that you may have to be off the ground and 60 or so feet away for the modes to work.  It has been a while for me using the Intelligent Flight Modes with my P3 Pro.

Hey Cetacean,

I had a look at TTT videos on Youtube, finally got something useful and appropriate for my drone, well done buddy, good link and had the info I needed.

Mahalo to you Cetacean
Aloha
2019-8-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

masonmjs Posted at 8-4 21:48
Hey Cetacean,

I had a look at TTT videos on Youtube, finally got something useful and appropriate for my drone, well done buddy, good link and had the info I needed.

Aloha Mike,

Good to hear it worked out!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-8-5
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Air/America Posted at 8-4 03:20

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules