My M2p arrived today...
736 8 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark-oo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Folks, my new M2P( well new to me) arrived today. I'm not sure how much use i'm going to get out of it so i thought i'd buy a second hand one first. Seems very good, no scratches or scrapes and its still under warranty. Is there anything I should do before flying? I read somewhere and for the life of me i can't find it now, that I should delete the old user settings. Does this mean a factory reset or something similar. Any help and advice before I fly in to a tree would be grately appreciated. Thanks
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mark-oo. Thank you for choosing DJI and it is great to know that you have purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I will be posting a link where in it will give you 10 drone safety tips for a safe flight ( https://store.dji.com/guides/10-drone-safety-tips-safe-flight/ ) and an official DJI Tutorial Video regarding Pre-Flight Checklist. I hope this can help you. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats - suggest reading the manual and watching the DJI tutorials
2019-8-9
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Print out a 2 or 3 copies of the manual, one for your nightstand to read before sleepy times, one on the table next to your reclining chair, and one for "The Library".....
You will get something out of it every time you pick it up.
And yes, watch the youtube vids, and go in baby steps in a big field...
2019-8-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll need to be aware of the U.K laws regarding flying:-

https://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/

And the manual and other bits from Here
2019-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My tip is to take it slow. First flight just take off, climb to 10ft. Gently rotate 360 degrees and land. Then take a moment to breathe and do the same at a higher altitude.  You’ll get some confidence from this and some confidence in your new bird.

Enjoy.
2019-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can do a reset which will set all defaults, it’s not needed familiarize yourself with the manual and app and ask plenty of questions around here, good luck and welcome to the forum .
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

congrats on your new mavic! i hope its as perfect as it appears

sidenote:    i am jealous as i still wait for mine  :C
2019-8-9
Use props
MrSHENT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191220 ft
United Kingdom

Make sure it's all up to date, run a calibration on everything and give it a fly
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules