Storage issues
480 7 2019-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LilBuzzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161 ft

United States

Not sure what I did or what I missed, but are all the images always stored on the aircraft?  I thought they were stored in the smart controller I got (yep, purchased extra).   Nothing seems to be stored on the external memory card on the controller, just the aircraft.

And is there an external USB hard drive that will work with the smart controller?  I purchased a Seagate 2TB USB drive, but the controller doesn't see it.

Much appreciated in advance....
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may refer to the screenshot below for changing the storage of the photos and videos in the Smart controller. Regarding the external hard drive, we will coordinate the situation. Hope that this would clarify your query. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You must give controller time to download files by keeping craft on when you land or from home just turn on craft and controller .
2019-8-11
Use props
LilBuzzy
lvl.2

United States

Thanks, I was wondering if it was a time issue, but thought it "should" be writing as its displayed (fast video link), seemed odd that it would be a secondary write time.
2019-8-11
Use props
LilBuzzy
lvl.2

United States

Hmmm....  I'm sure they did at one show up on the smart remote control.   But something must have happened, and I have no idea what.  I checked and the settings as suggested the the post (they were already set), and I shot a very short video (without taking off).  When I play that video from within the DJI Go app, at the top of the screen it indicates "SD Memory".  I exit, give it plenty of time to download it, and still.... Nothing.  When I had larger videos in the aircraft, and pressed the download icon when playing them (or after), it gave a message "file too large...". The free space is around 100GB still.   
So, any other suggestions?  I may reformat the SD cards for both devices tonight, I saved everything so no loss there.
2019-8-11
Use props
LilBuzzy
lvl.2

United States

Interesting.   Reformatted both cards and it seems to work now.  Fly, take video, watch it, displays "SD Card" when watching, shut down aircraft, video still plays, cool beans.
Now the hard drive, that works in the USB C port on the bottom of the controller, but not when using the standard USB A port on the top.    Which isn't good because I have to use a fragile adapter.
And it doesn't seem that I can store recordings directly to the HD,, but it might be possible to change that when setting it up.  It asked me many times about drives being inserted/removed and storage locations, I lost track of what was what.  But this works, I can live with it (except for the little dongle).

And one silly question....    Every once in a while, I receive an email from DJI stating I just earned a couple dollars.   What am I doing to earn this?

2019-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

LilBuzzy Posted at 8-12 05:27
Interesting.   Reformatted both cards and it seems to work now.  Fly, take video, watch it, displays "SD Card" when watching, shut down aircraft, video still plays, cool beans.
Now the hard drive, that works in the USB C port on the bottom of the controller, but not when using the standard USB A port on the top.    Which isn't good because I have to use a fragile adapter.
And it doesn't seem that I can store recordings directly to the HD,, but it might be possible to change that when setting it up.  It asked me many times about drives being inserted/removed and storage locations, I lost track of what was what.  But this works, I can live with it (except for the little dongle).

You get 1% credit back on all your purchases from the DJI store.
2019-8-12
Use props
LilBuzzy
lvl.2

United States

Still seeing some confusing stuff.  I wish the documentation was more detailed/clear in whats being stored where/when.
I'm going to take some more videos and study this a little more.
But I have files going to/playing from the "dji_cache" and from "dji_album".   but it looked like they should all go to the same place.  Some "play", but its just a blank screen.  In dual controller mode, some went to the smart controller (all?) while two (out of 4 or 5) went to the phone (secondary controller), why not all?  Or why any, default was SD on primary.
Too much go do right now, I'll have to look at it later.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules