I cant connect to wifi.
1086 8 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

I cant connect to wifi.  I stated having this problem after updating to 3.12.  It would take about five minutes to connect and now it wont connect at all. Has any one else had this problem?

2015-6-8
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

When you check for wifi signals on your phone or table do you see the Phantom SID as an available wireless connection?
2015-6-8
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-9 08:49
When you check for wifi signals on your phone or table do you see the Phantom SID as an available wi ...

no. I even tried to rebind the wifi extender and I cant even get the rebinding process to start.
2015-6-8
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

This started after I updated to 3.12.  I did a flight right after updating and everything was great the next two times it took about five minutes to connect to wifi and as of now it wont connect at all. The phantom flys fine but I cant use the camera.
2015-6-8
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

I had some problems connecting to wifi. it showed up on the list . would say it was connecting. then disappeared from the list. this happened several times before eventually connecting. I was never able to figure out what happened.
2015-6-10
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

sunny1994 Posted at 2015-6-9 10:33
This started after I updated to 3.12.  I did a flight right after updating and everything was great  ...

Sunny,

You might have to back up and try a few minor things. Make sure everything is off. Go into your FPV device and look at your networks. "Forget" all networks (I'm not sure what device you're using so You'll have to figure out how to do that with your device). You want to get rid of all networks. Turn off and 'auto-connect" or "ask to join network" features. Turn on "airplane mode" then turn on wifi on the device (turning on airplane mode will shut it off). Turn on you Phantom stuff in this order, turn on the wifi extender, turn on the RC controller, then turn on your Phantom. now watch your networks on your device and see if the Phantom network shows up. If it does, try to connect. If it doesn't then there is probably something wrong with your wifi extender, the wifi module in the bird or something is hosed up in the firmware. I know you've probably already done this stuff but sometimes t's the simple things that gets us messed up. Let us know what you find out after trying it this way.

Jerry
2015-6-10
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-10 21:41
Sunny,

You might have to back up and try a few minor things. Make sure everything is off. Go into ...

Yeah I have tried that several times now with no luck thanks anyway. I talked to DJI yesterday and they told me to try rebinding and if that didn't work to call today and they would start the repair process. I wish they would just send me a new range extender because im pretty sure thats the problem.
2015-6-10
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

sunny1994 Posted at 2015-6-11 00:12
Yeah I have tried that several times now with no luck thanks anyway. I talked to DJI yesterday and ...

Sunny,

I know you probably don't want to spend any more money on this but DJI will probably charge you for the repairs and shipping anyway. If you really suspect the range extender, you might want to grab one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phanto ... DJI+Phantom+2+RE700

Wish I could have been more help.

Jerry
2015-6-10
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

Well my range extender is shot. Dji gave me a RMA number so I can return it  and said it will be replaced free of charge. Thanks DJI.
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules