Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freefly-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600892 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

How to Set the Betaflight Flight Controller Parameters

For safety purpose, make sure that you have removed the drone propeller before setting the flight controller parameters.

First, we need to download the Betaflight configurator. You can read my previous post, which illustrates how to use the beta version Betaflight. The official version of configurator that supports the DJI HDL remote controller protocol is not yet available, so we need to use beta version or development version of the Betaflight to achieve the 7ms ultra-low delay.

Launch the configurator. Here, I use the beta version of Betaflight configurator. Use a USB cable to connect the drone to the computer.
Ensure that you select the COM port corresponding to the flight controller in Betaflight configurator, and select 115,200 Baud rate.
   1.png

I. How to Update the Flight Controller Firmware

Click the “Firmware Flasher” page.
2.png

It should be noted that the flight controller firmware supporting DJI HDL must be version 4.1.0 or above, as mentioned in DJI tutorial video. If S.Bus is used, you can choose any firmware.

Therefore, when selecting the firmware, it is necessary to enable the Expert Mode. Then, select the “Development” as shown in the picture. Then, select your own flight controller and firmware with version above 4.1.0. If the official version 4.1.0 of firmware is released later, you may not select the development firmware. Stability is relatively important.
3.png

4.png

Click “Load Firmware [Online]” button on the right bottom.

After the firmware is downloaded, click “Flash Firmware” and wait until the firmware flashing is completed.
5.png

6.png

II. How to Set Various Flight Controller Parameters

After the firmware is updated, click the “Connect” button on the right top to enter the Setting page of the flight controller.
7.png

Check whether the attitude and direction displayed on the page are consistent with the actual attitude and direction of the flight controller. If not, check the installation direction of the flight controller, and calibrate the accelerometer.
8.png

Enter the “Ports” page. Pay special attention to your welding. Most S.Bus interface and uart1 of the flight controller are connected to one serial port. If you have welded the receiver to the S.Bus and GND ports, make sure that you do not use UART1.

You’d better weld the OSD RX on TX3, and OSD TX on RX3 to avoid other problems.

Based on your wiring, start the UART1 serial digital receiver. Start the UART3 setting switch, and select 115,200 Baud rate.

Click Save and reboot the flight controller.
9.png

Before setting other parameters, select the remote controller protocol of the Air Unit.

In the FPV Goggles setting menu, enter the device, and set the receiver protocol. Select DJI HDL or S.Bus protocol as required.

HDL is capable of 7 ms rapid response, while S.Bus is more general and easy-to-use. Choose the one you prefer.

Restart the flight controller, and click the “Connect” button on the right top to enter the configuration page.

On this page, select the protocol supported by ESC.
11.png

Then, select the receiver mode as serial-based receiver, and select serial digital receiver protocol as DJI_HDL_7MS or S.Bus, which must be consistent with the previous FPV Goggles protocol setting. Click Save and reboot the flight controller.
12.png

Before setting the receiver parameters, set the DJI FPV remote controller’s stick mode.

In the FPV Goggles menu, click “Setting” and “Remote Controller.

Enter the “Stick Mode” page.

Mode 2 and Mode 1 are available for the remote controller. Set the corresponding stick mode based on your version.

Restart the flight controller, and click the “Connect” button on the right top, and enter the receiver page.

If the above installation and setting steps are correct, you can see how much the stick is pushed away from the center position on this page, which changes as you move the remote controller stick.

Meanwhile, please check whether the control output in Betaflight is consistent with the actual control mode of the remote controller (Mode 2 / Mode 1) on this page.
13.png

14.png

After setting the receiver, we can set the switch function.

In Betaflight’s Modes page, you can map the remote controller’s switch and function. The settings recommended in DJI video tutorials are as follows:

Set ARM channel to AUX3, select the SC switch for Unlock mode’s switch, and move the orange control bar to 1,800-2,100. When the remote controller's switch position is toggled to the orange area, i.e., the bottom area, the drone will unlock and the motor will start rotation.

Set ANGLE channel to AUX2, select SA switch for Angle mode’s switch, and move the orange control bar to 1,800-2,100. When the remote controller’s switch position is toggled to the orange area, i.e. the bottom area the drone will enter the Angle mode, and keep the horizontal status.

Set FLIP OVER AFTER CRASH channel to AUX1, and select the SB switch for FLIP OVER mode, and move the orange control bar to 1,800-2,100.

Of course, these are recommended configurations. You can choose the ones you prefer.
15.png

16.png

After the above setting is completed, enter the Motor page.

Before setting the motor, make sure that the drone propeller is removed.

First, read the terms and enable the switch on the right bottom of the page.

Slowly drag the left control bar until the motor starts rotation. Check whether the rotation of the motor with corresponding number is consistent with the information displayed on the left top picture.
17.png
After setting, remove the cable, and restart the drone. As the motor cannot be unlocked when the cable is connected or when the Betaflight is connected, you’d better restart it.

Toggle the SC switch to the bottom, and start the motor. Just enjoy the flight!

2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative thread to our valued DJI Forum members. Cheers!
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is seriously informative
2019-8-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing those information
2019-8-16
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,
I have followed the instructions exactly but DJI_HDL_7MS does not appear in the KakuteF4V2 menu.
2019-8-24
Use props
Freefly-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600892 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DroneBees Posted at 8-24 06:43
Hi,
I have followed the instructions exactly but DJI_HDL_7MS does not appear in the KakuteF4V2 menu.

Maybe you need to reinstall the development Betaflightconfigurator.
This is the version I have used before, you can try it.
links:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1iHf_davoJso9w1vnC2X75A
code:9dvg
2019-8-25
Use props
fans5f499ffc
lvl.1

I heard that betaflight remove the hdl protocol.
2019-9-4
Use props
SuperPilot1337
lvl.1

fans5f499ffc Posted at 9-4 00:09
I heard that betaflight remove the hdl protocol.

> I heard that betaflight remove the hdl protocol

They are renaming it to "fast SBUS" or something of that sort. Which it is. Nothing specific to DJI.
2019-9-6
Use props
Albert90
lvl.1

I have a t motor f4 FC,  soldered everything accordingly, ports are enabled correctly. Video works, OSD works, but receiver input doesn't! Already tried a lot of things.

I want to fly already
20190929_110955.jpg
20190929_112646.jpg
2019-9-29
Use props
fans2b101c37
lvl.4

I see in your screenshot that you have sbus_baud_fast = 0ff.   I assume you tried to turn that on?   What version of betaflight and betaflight configurator are you using?
2019-9-29
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks... It's all working now.
2019-11-12
Use props
Anton dji
New

Spain

Hello friends, thanks for all this information, I present my problem. I have a f4 racepit mini from Furius. I have connected the yellow cable to the sbus, the brown to the gnd, the white to the tx6 and the gray to the rx6.
My configuration in Btf ports are the following: uart3 Rx serial and uart6 MSP.
I can't get betaflingh to recognize the original DJI remote.

What am I doing wrong?
2020-1-14
Use props
Anton dji
New

Spain

DroneBees Posted at 2019-11-12 09:37
Thanks... It's all working now.

What was the solution?
2020-1-14
Use props
aonavy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103241 ft
United States

Is there a way to set the controller to Mode 4?
2020-1-17
Use props
MRBill28
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting. I.m having trouble connecting to  Beta Flight ? I think USB driver?
2020-1-21
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

aonavy Posted at 1-17 18:18
Is there a way to set the controller to Mode 4?

This is a question for DJI support. I don't know.
2020-1-21
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

MRBill28 Posted at 1-21 09:36
Thanks for posting. I.m having trouble connecting to  Beta Flight ? I think USB driver?

do a google search for "impulse RC driver fixer" and follow the instructions.
You may have to press a button on the flight controller while plugging it in to activate DFU mode.
2020-1-21
Use props
fansc0a7361d
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I'm currently building a mini quad using the tmotor F4 HD stack designed for the DJI FPV system I am experiencing a difficulty I cannot find the right UART to make my controller work on beta everything is connect like the air unit the goggles and the DJI controller, I can't find a solution to it can you help me out ?
2020-3-30
Use props
Y.m
New
Flight distance : 6470 ft
Israel

fansc0a7361d Posted at 3-30 20:54
Hi, I'm currently building a mini quad using the tmotor F4 HD stack designed for the DJI FPV system I am experiencing a difficulty I cannot find the right UART to make my controller work on beta everything is connect like the air unit the goggles and the DJI controller, I can't find a solution to it can you help me out ?

i have the same problem.
did you fix it ?
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_kDDYYZnHhG6E
lvl.2

United States

I was having the same problem. Upgraded firmware on dji goggles, went to settings In the goggles menu - device - fast sbus (while unit is connected to controller and goggles) and that fixed it all!  Connects to beta flight and everything as it should now.
2020-4-15
Use props
vascogmx.de
New

Germany

I'm using the DJI-FPV set and linked the already and connected to the TMotor F4-Stack. But i can't get the controller to work in betaflight. I changed the settings in the googles to SBus Fast Protocoll and setup serial receiver and SBUS in Betaflight. But the is no reaction in receiver tab. What can i do?
2020-4-19
Use props
Dr.Jones
New

Germany

djiuser_kDDYYZnHhG6E Posted at 4-15 16:08
I was having the same problem. Upgraded firmware on dji goggles, went to settings In the goggles menu - device - fast sbus (while unit is connected to controller and goggles) and that fixed it all!  Connects to beta flight and everything as it should now.

I have tmotor f4 HD and the f55AProII ESC, DJI Air Unit, Controller and Googles.

brilliant post! i was nearly crazy but read your post ... changed the settings in the googles and it worked!
Thanks a million!
2020-5-23
Use props
Peter FPV
lvl.1

United States

I ran into a small problem. With UART 3 set to MSP betaflight will not arm while that port is talking to air unit. Should there be a CLI command to except UART 3 from this safety feature?
2020-6-5
Use props
Atomicodex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

Joshua Bardwell is a great resource for all things BetaFlight. Check out his Youtube channel. You're gonna learn something today!
2020-7-2
Use props
tonybrown2875gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1210636 ft
United States

Is it possible to remap DJI FPV transmitter buttons and  wheels yet?
Thanks in advance!
2021-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules