Failure of Self-Unlocking to Fly
1108 3 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

I live within the 5-mile radius of a Class C airport.  I have approval from the tower manager to fly at 100 feet or below.  I also get clearance to fly on the Kittyhawn app.  When I power up my Phantom 4 Pro+ I get the usual warnings that I cannot take off due to proximity to the airport.  No problem so far.  When I initiate a self-unlocking cycle, I successful go through it and the end result on the controller is that it was successful!!!  Only once in a great while can I then actually take off   99 times out of 100 the "Cannot Take Off" red warning in the upper left hand corner of the controller screen stays there, and I need to repeatedly go through the self-unlocking procedure.  Today it was unsuccessfl in practice (but successful on-screen) for over 2 hours!!!  I never did get the drone off the ground.  Let's be 100% clear here.  I have approval from the tower... I have clearance from the Kitthawk app... and the remote itself says I have successfully unlocked the restriction and am ready to fly.  BUT NO GO!!!  Both the remote and teh aircraft are running the latest versions of software.  All other warnings are off.  This is getting extremely annoying.  DJI NEEDS TO FIX THIS FAILURE TO SELF-UNLOCK!!!!   What's going on????
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If you are having trouble unlocking a specific location using the self-unlocking on our website, I will highly recommend you to contact our designated department at flysafe@dji.com. Should you have any other inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you
2019-8-15
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-15 11:19
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If you are having trouble unlocking a specific location using the self-unlocking on our website, I will highly recommend you to contact our designated department at . Should you have any other inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you

Well his morning it worked just fine.  It's a hit and miss thing, and it looks like it's either successful or it fails based upon connecting with a DJI online resource.
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jmrfoto Posted at 8-17 09:06
Well his morning it worked just fine.  It's a hit and miss thing, and it looks like it's either successful or it fails based upon connecting with a DJI online resource.

Thank you for the information provided. We will forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Cheers!
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules