Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 and FPV goggles
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tony27nine.yaho
New

Turkey

hi,
I am looking to move from a Phantom 2 / GoPro and Tx set up to a Phantom 3 for a number of reasons.
I tend to film water skiing and wakeboarding in full sun conditions so using any form of tablet is impossible. As a result I need to use goggles and a spotter.
As I understand it the P3 controller plugs into the iPad/ tablet port. I wanted to plug a pair of Zeiss Cinemizers or other HD goggles into the iPad via the HDMI adapter but there would be no spare port to do this as the lightening port is already occupied with the P3 cable.
Has anyone figured this out yet please?
Thanks
2015-6-8
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Give it till the end of the month and a HDMI board ( user upgradable ) will be available from DJI. This will mean you can plug in the goggles independently of the iPad.I believe LAG is the problem with trying it any other way ( HDMI splitter type idea ).

Its just a waiting game for the HDMI board

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-8
Use props
tony27nine.yaho
New

Turkey

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-9 14:13
Give it till the end of the month and a HDMI board ( user upgradable ) will be available from DJI. T ...

Thank you Splooge. Appreciated.
You don't happen to know if DJI are going to offer a camera upgrade for the Inspire do you? One with a higher write rate, a wider angle lens and/ or 60fps at 4k.
2015-6-9
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would think that by now the Inspire is due an upgrade but don't know anything specific. Could even be an Inspire 2 DJI up to now have not made much use of the fact the Inspire has a removable camera. Yeah there is the hand held thingy-ma-doo for the camera but I would have expected a new "something" to attach to the Inspire. Infrared camera, different lens camera, lazer gun.. Something but nope, nothing..
2015-6-9
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

There are two ways to accomplish this right now.  The Inspire 1 remote can be paired to the Phantom 3 and the HDMI out port will allow the use of the Cinemizer goggles.  Also, the Nvidia Shield tablet has a HDMI port that can output to the Cinemizers.  However, I tried the Cinemizer and found them to be not so good.  I couldn't get the diopter adjustment to match my eyes and there was considerable flare off the screens.  Perhaps, my eyes just weren't meant for these goggles, YMMV.
2015-6-9
Use props
eytanzucker
lvl.1
Israel

Is it possible to use the appale TV for mirroring the image from my Ipad air 2 to my fatshark HD googles?
2015-6-19
Use props
kudlaty
lvl.1

Poland

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-20
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28172014 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT