how to disable joysticks when doing POI
1456 7 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adrian Petcu
lvl.2
Romania

Hello,
Is there a way to disable the joysticks when doing a POI shot? The reason I want this is because when I am filming myself (just like in the attached video) I want to hide the controller by putting it in the shoulder bag. Problem is, most likely the joysticks will be pressed and the drone could end up in the wrong place.
Thanks

2019-8-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

No way that I've come across to disable the sticks,  but you could unscrew them.
2019-8-16
Use props
Adrian Petcu
lvl.2
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 8-16 05:08
No way that I've come across to disable the sticks,  but you could unscrew them.

I thought of that but I'm not very confortable with the idea. Imagine if for some reason the drone loses GPS signal and starts drifting away and you need to react quickly...
2019-8-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Adrian Petcu Posted at 8-16 05:51
I thought of that but I'm not very confortable with the idea. Imagine if for some reason the drone loses GPS signal and starts drifting away and you need to react quickly...

You can buy rubber stick cards that should stop them moving and would be off in a jiffy.
2019-8-16
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft
France

Adrian Petcu Posted at 8-16 05:51

Hi Adrian,

While I can understand your desire not to have the controller in view it would not be a good idea to put in to a bag or remove them.
I can tell you with absolute cirtenty after 40 years of flying all sorts of RC that you will at some time have an unexpected circumstance where you need to take back control immediately (very hard if its in a bag), also most countries regs require you to be able to immediately take back control.
My best advice would be to hide the controller behind something else in your hands or have a second person out of shot with the controller.
The thing to remember is that it is an AC so you have to be ready to deal with any unexpected situation very quickly
Cheers

Tolly
2019-8-16
Use props
Adrian Petcu
lvl.2
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 8-16 05:58
You can buy rubber stick cards that should stop them moving and would be off in a jiffy.

Thanks for the tip.
2019-8-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

As mentioned above, not a good idea. I would either have somebody else out of the shot composure control the bird,
or if you are alone, you'll just have to kind of "palm it", and "hide" it from the camera....
2019-8-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

There are the PGYTech screen/stick protectors for both regular and Smart controllers.  
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules