What is the Imitation Fineness Setting?
4169 7 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thunr
lvl.2

United States

Hey all,

I'm curious if anyone knows what the Imitation Fineness setting is and what it does? I haven't been able to find anything in user manual or online.

terrain_follow_c.jpg
2019-8-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

That setting doesn't appear on non-terrain aware flights, right?

If not I'd wager that it has to do with the scale at which the terrain following sensitivity is attempted. Meaning if you set it coarser than your DSM resolution, it will smooth things a bit, but if you set it finer it will have no effect. Or, it means something totally different.
I dunno, just a guess....
2019-8-16
Use props
thunr
lvl.2

United States

patiam Posted at 8-16 16:49
That setting doesn't appear on non-terrain aware flights, right?

If not I'd wager that it has to do with the scale at which the terrain following sensitivity is attempted. Meaning if you set it coarser than your DSM resolution, it will smooth things a bit, but if you set it finer it will have no effect. Or, it means something totally different.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I think you're right. I will play around with some DSMs and report back
2019-8-20
Use props
thunr
lvl.2

United States

I confirmed that the imitation fineness setting works as patlam predicted. No effect when imitation fineness is less than the DSM resolution, but as it increases the flight lines smooth out.
2019-8-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for confirming thunr!
Be nice if there was some OEM-provided documentation of what all the settings mean, but we're DJI users, we self-document!
2019-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

patiam Posted at 8-27 08:08
Thanks for confirming thunr!
Be nice if there was some OEM-provided documentation of what all the settings mean, but we're DJI users, we self-document!

Aloha patiam ,

That is why DJI really likes the Forum!  We are their random solutions branch!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-8-30
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cetacean-

Yeah, we're just enabling their dysfunctional customer support with our self-preservation efforts...
2019-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 8-30 00:52
Aloha patiam ,

That is why DJI really likes the Forum!  We are their random solutions branch!

Ken,  Way to describe it, the too live crew. Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules