Osmo 3 won't turn on, no manual, no videos
7341 23 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Djivbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2096 ft
United States

Just got my osmo mobilel 3 and i have a green slowing flowing light and a couple white ones...nothing else.
The box has microscopic instrtuctions in French.
There are no other manuals
I can't seem to find anything from DJI on the OSMO 3 as far as tutorials or downloadable manual

Anyone have links it would be great.

I took mine out of the box, snapped in the phone, balanced and now watch it do nothing but flash lights.  
2019-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

https://www.dji.com/ie/support/product/osmo-mobile-3

Here’s a link to support for O3 some videos etc, might help .
2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you've managed to charge the Osmo Mobile 3? The manual for the Osmo Mobile 3 can be checked by visiting the page on our website or using this link:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf I've also attached the screenshot for the LED description and how to power on the Osmo Mobile 3 properly. Hope that this would help with your concern. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

2019-8-19
Use props
Djivbs
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.  After charging, and then also activating it kicked in.  Looks like it was powered on and in standby mode when opened.  
2019-8-19
Use props
djiuser_RKqO0J4xqK2J
New

United States

Same exact situation here!
2019-8-19
Use props
djiuser_RKqO0J4xqK2J
New

United States

Djivbs Posted at 8-19 11:16
Thank you.  After charging, and then also activating it kicked in.  Looks like it was powered on and in standby mode when opened.

Same exact thing here! You must activate it in the MIMO app or it stays in stand by mode. Funny how not a single video on Youtube or anywhere mentions that!
2019-8-19
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's pretty much standard practice to have to activate DJI products before you can use them.
2019-8-20
Use props
Joseph Buck
New

United States

I had the same exact issue. I was at disbelief that it came with ZERO instructions. Just a quick guide that basically explained nothing. I’ve tried looking for info but it’s so new that the only videos I can find are basically reviews and unboxing. Nothing on how to actually use the product.
Now I’m having different issues. The phone balances and everything, but when I actually go to use it to record a video, etc... it’s like it has a mind of its own. I can’t get it to lock on an object, or anything. It basically moves wherever it wants. And none of the buttons seem to be working. When I hit mode twice it doesn’t switch to landscape, so I’m forced to use portrait. And the trigger does absolutely nothing. Zoom feature seems to be the only thing that does work.
For reference: I’m using the Mimo app and an iPhone X.
2019-8-21
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dont be so dramatic. Are you new to DJI products? Manuals are on the products support page:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2019-8-21
Use props
Joseph Buck
New

United States

marctronixx Posted at 8-21 06:28
Dont be so dramatic. Are you new to DJI products? Manuals are on the products support page:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Yeah after re reading what I wrote, it did sound super dramatic. Didn’t intend for it too. But this is the first DJI product I’ve bought new. The others were bought used from individuals.
2019-8-21
Use props
Joseph Buck
New

United States

marctronixx Posted at 8-21 06:28

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Also, thank you for the manual. After reading through it, I’m assuming most of my issues are user induced. Which makes my previous post sound even more dramatic and I’ve become the person I
strive not to be.

With that being said, if they just included the manual in the box or maybe a QR code to the manual, this issue would’ve been avoided.
2019-8-21
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joseph Buck Posted at 8-21 06:34
Yeah after re reading what I wrote, it did sound super dramatic. Didn’t intend for it too. But this is the first DJI product I’ve bought new. The others were bought used from individuals.

LOL its Kool and the Gang bro, now you know... welcome and enjoy the product .
2019-8-21
Use props
Joseph Buck
New

United States

marctronixx Posted at 8-21 06:41
LOL its Kool and the Gang bro, now you know... welcome and enjoy the product .

Thank you!
2019-8-21
Use props
shahed
New
United States

Argh I cannot log into my DJI account on the Mimo app for iOS. My login works on the website. I keep getting "Login failed". What's wrong?
2019-8-21
Use props
Djivbs
lvl.1
United States

Now that I got it working, I can say this is the best footage I've had from a gimbal.  I was super annoyed to learn my S8 with image stabilization on doesn't work (choppy) so I thought this would be mediocre at best.  It wasn't, it's very nice.  Better than the my "big boy" gimbals and not as much "bobbing" when walking.  In post and a duckwalk I think I might be buttery smooth finally.  The unit also folds up and can actually be toted around easily.  The app isn't great, but works (zoom, record on/off) .  The active track is perfect and i can already see setting that up for lecture shoots as a B cam having it follow the meandering speakers while I get the shots I need elsewhere.  FIrst shoot I had gave me better than expected results.  The ONLY huge gripe I have is the NO INVERTED mode.  You can hold it horizontal and get a little, but I use this quite a bit walking large venues and it'll be missed.  it also has some movement restrictions, but no deal breakers.  Overall, I'm good with it and would buy it again...IF it hold up that is :-).

But DJI, YOU NEED TO DO BETTER WITH DOCUMENTATION.  I'm not interested in learning where you hide docs, deciphering what you really meant, etc.  After being tortured with drones I'm desensitized, but new people coming in are just going to be annoyed and confused for no reason.  
2019-8-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mine inverts... Just keep rotating to the right.
2019-8-22
Use props
Joshua Duran
New

United States

Does it needed to be charged to full before first use? Out of the box it activated and I purchased the protection plan. However nothing I do “brings the device to life”. Just stays in standby mode. Only reacts to the “m” button to power on and off. But just a flashing green light. Does not go solid at all.

I have an iPhone 8plus. Any help please.
2019-8-28
Use props
fans9ab24347
New
United States

You need to install the DJI Mino app and activate the gimbal first.  It's very easy.  Just follow the instructions.  Make sure you turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
2019-8-30
Use props
fansbd169b83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66585 ft

fans9ab24347 Posted at 8-30 10:45
You need to install the DJI Mino app and activate the gimbal first.  It's very easy.  Just follow the instructions.  Make sure you turn on Bluetooth on your phone.

I had similar issue. After updating MIMO app all came good, the device came to life. Must ensure you have latest updates on MIMO app
2019-9-4
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>

Joshua Duran Posted at 8-28 18:14
Does it needed to be charged to full before first use? Out of the box it activated and I purchased the protection plan. However nothing I do “brings the device to life”. Just stays in standby mode. Only reacts to the “m” button to power on and off. But just a flashing green light. Does not go solid at all.

I have an iPhone 8plus. Any help please.

As long as there's enough charge it should work fine.  Mine arrived with 50% power.

I'd never owned a mobile gimbal before but I'd read online that there was an app called Mimo so I downloaded that (iPhone) and plugged the gimbal into my phone charger.  The Mimo app said it had found an Osmo so I just followed the onscreen instructions, activated the gimbal and then made sure it was successfully linked via Bluetooth.

Next the Mimo app automatically said a firmware update was needed, so I went straight ahead and agreed to that, and when the update had finished the gimbal (still on charge without a phone installed) turned itself on and started freaking out and jumping round the kitchen worktop for a couple of seconds.  I guessed how to power the gimbal down (I double clicked and held the power button - like a Mavic, which is wrong but it still worked), made sure there was no damage and then started looking into what on earth had happened so I could avoid it happening again.

I can only think that better start up instructions would be helpful for many consumers.
2019-9-6
Use props
djiuser_nodR5QtU87U6
New

Its pretty ridiculous that DJI didn't mention anywhere in the user's manual or YouTube that it's necessary to activate the gimbal using the DJI app to turn it on
2019-10-15
Use props
JCook
New

United States

djiuser_nodR5QtU87U6 Posted at 2019-10-15 01:35
Its pretty ridiculous that DJI didn't mention anywhere in the user's manual or YouTube that it's necessary to activate the gimbal using the DJI app to turn it on

Okay where in this app do you activate the gimbal? Kind of a n00b question but I’m new to gimbals and DJI and am struggling with this new purchase.  I’ve followed the directions but I think I’m stuck in standby mode (no green light) and can’t seem to get out. Any advice?
2020-1-9
Use props
stuzz82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Djivbs Posted at 2019-8-19 11:16
Thank you.  After charging, and then also activating it kicked in.  Looks like it was powered on and in standby mode when opened.

I have this problem too! Been trying to solve it over 2 months and driving me insane! No matter what I do it will not stop flashing green/yellow at me! Ive downloaded app etc.... nothing will connect over bluetooth? apparently this means its in standby mode...but no idea how to take it off. The instructions for holding down button 3 times dos nothing!

Chris
2020-4-3
Use props
stuzz82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

stuzz82 Posted at 4-3 09:34
I have this problem too! Been trying to solve it over 2 months and driving me insane! No matter what I do it will not stop flashing green/yellow at me! Ive downloaded app etc.... nothing will connect over bluetooth? apparently this means its in standby mode...but no idea how to take it off. The instructions for holding down button 3 times dos nothing!

Any ideas what I should do? Its already got 3 white lights as I fully charged it. I have no idea how to get out of standby mode. Tried resetting bluetooth... deleting app and reloading ... my phone never finds the device. I've given it to 2 friends and they have same issue?
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules