vertical limits are off
4172 6 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dgrobe2112
lvl.1
United States

i just got my gimbal today, and have downloaded all updates.  is there a setting where the gimbal will shoot forward, like flashlight mode.i cant hold the gimbal lower than say 45* without the camera looking towards the ground..  there is plenty of movement left with the gimbal to keep rotating up, but it doesnt do it.  Seems pretty lame if you ask me.  when moving my hand downward, the camera points to the ground, instead of forward.  same as left to right, it doesnt lock.  i rotate it about 15 degrees.. and the camera pans the direction i rotate.
2019-8-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The available holding modes are listed and illustrated in the manual.  "Torch" mode isn't one of them.  To get a low angle, rotate the handle to the right, and if need be, keep going so it's upside down.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, flashlight mode is called Side Grip Mode in Osmo Mobile 3, we need to rotate Osmo Mobile 3 to the right or left by 90° to go from Upright to Side Grip Mode. Please check the screenshot below. GTScreenshot_20190821_121839.png
2019-8-20
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ive just got mine and im also seeing this. Its not really a flashlight thing, just tilting the OM3 slightly forward makes the phone tilt down, like it drops to an angle because of the weight. Even in tilt lock mode it does this. Not really usable. the phone also seem to drift quite a bit when i move, totally not like my OM2.
Im using a iphone XS Max which i believe is within spec. Updated to latest FW and have done auto Calibration a few times.
2019-8-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Using the joystick, work out how much you can tilt the phone down and up using the motors.  You'll find that it's not a huge amount (compared to panning rotation). When you try to tilt the OM3 forward towards the flashlight position, you will quickly hit the end stops and therefore the phone is bound to be displaced relative to the gimbal handle.  
2019-8-28
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3

Im not tilting it more than a few degrees forward, and thats only because i naturally feel more comfortable. I can certainly use the joystick to correct for this so its within the travel range.
2019-9-4
Use props
dfdy
lvl.1

This issue feels like we’ve been lied to by DJI. The OM3 documentation lists the following specifications for the gimbal movements...

Pan: -162.5° to 170.3°
Roll: -85.1° to 252.2°
Tilt: -104.5° to 235.7°

The tilt movement range of -104.5 to 235.7 is clearly false. I get about -30 to 20 on my OM3.
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules