MP2 Issue. Need Help
1323 6 2019-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orion0286
lvl.1

Canada

Ok, So i was flying a routine flight near Thor's Well in Oregon. Prior to the flight I checked the battery, props, and calibrated the drone to the new location.

Upon lift off I was standing in front of the drone a few feet away and the drone indicated a front obstacle (me). This isnt really important other than indicating that the front obstacle avoidance system was turned on and working.

I flew around a bunch and got some shots, then when setting up to do a fly by the drone was positioned south of my subject and was hovering. 2 seconds after there was an error " Gimbal roll reached movement limit" then 2 seconds later there was another error "IMU redundancy switch" and then " Attitude is too large., Forwardobstacle sensing is unavailable"

The drone then spun out of control and was unresponsive to the RC, it was recovered on the cliff side next to the water and had waves rushing onto it when it was grounded.

The first DJI tech i spoke with (Ken) stated this:
Incident date: 2019 07 31 FLY25
1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s command well;
2. At flight Time T=02:18 seconds, Relative Height H=-2 meters, Distance to home D=32 meters, the aircraft flew forward as per RC input and crashed with obstacles;
3. Incident coordinates: 44.2782351 -124.1137228

Which all of his analysis was incorrect

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s command well - The drone worked under GPS mode till minute 9.21.1, as per the flight record shows, afterwards it switched to ATTI.
2. At flight Time T=02:18 seconds, Relative Height H=-2 meters, Distance to home D=32 meters, the aircraft flew forward as per RC input and crashed with obstacles; -No, at 2.18 the drone was at height of 18.1 meters, distance of 77.9 meters with no input in the RC
3. Incident coordinates: 44.2782351 -124.1137228, no, drone had crashed at following coordinates:44.27822713 -124.11364651

I then requested the case be forwarded to a supervisor as this tech obviously was basing his decision on incorrect information.

Meet Francis, he stated:

We apologize for the inconvenience. We've tried to call you unfortunately, we're routed to your Voice Mail. Our Data Analysis is just relying on the flight data that you've submitted. Some of the information like the -2 meters is not accurate because if the IMU was interrupted, then the telemetry will provide inaccurate data but it doesn't affect why it really crashed. Our Data Analysis focused on the reason why it crashed because you've assigned your drone to move forward that caused it to crashed. We've already asked our Team if they can provide discount. If the discount has been approved, you'll be getting a new quotation.

I then received another message from another analysis Lloyd, stating:

We regret to inform you that your request for the warranty replacement on your Mavic 2 Pro has been denied. It was stated that your drone was flying close to the water surface, The drone flew -2.4 meters from his starting point, and happened to be only 3.2 meters away from the water surface on a rough sea area, and the drone immediately got impact warning. A wave most likely crashed on the drone or the drone hit a rock in the area, also the 3.2 meters is inaccurate because the water is transparent. The drone might have been under the water already while the sensor shows 3.2 meter. Please do not fly the drone close to the water surface next time.

I am honestly at my wits end, this drone could not have hit anything as the location does not have anything to hit. If it was below the ground line flying forward then the drone would have been beneath the cliff surface and would have plummeted to the water and been at the bottom of the ocean, if it was hit by a wave, again it would have been in the ocean and unrecoverable... It wasn't and was recovered!!

At the time of the flight the tide wasn't completely covering the island area where the drone crashed.

Is anyone able to offer me help, based off the responses from the DJI Techs on their analysis they are competely different and incorrect.
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Orion0286, we apologize for the crash accident, any chance to post the case number here so that we can check more details for further support?
2019-8-23
Use props
Orion0286
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-23 02:05
Hi Orion0286, we apologize for the crash accident, any chance to post the case number here so that we can check more details for further support?

Here is my case number: CAS-3365894-S0W7P6
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Orion0286 Posted at 8-23 02:25
Here is my case number: CAS-3365894-S0W7P6

Thanks for the case number, we see you have also complained in Facebook and your case has been escalated to the higher level team for better followup, hope it will be solved soon.
2019-8-23
Use props
Orion0286
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-23 19:36
Thanks for the case number, we see you have also complained in Facebook and your case has been escalated to the higher level team for better followup, hope it will be solved soon.

I still don't have a resolution. I received a phone call on friday and awaiting a response
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Orion0286 Posted at 8-26 14:03
I still don't have a resolution. I received a phone call on friday and awaiting a response

Our manager will double analyze and keep you updated, please allow us some time, thank you for your understanding.
2019-8-28
Use props
Orion0286
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-28 06:04
Our manager will double analyze and keep you updated, please allow us some time, thank you for your understanding.

Ok, I will await your call.
2019-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules