655 4 2019-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gherk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2727018 ft
  • >>>
Australia

decided to shoot in h.265 today for a timelapse.  I've spent hours and hours just trying to stitch the clips together in premiere.  
I didn't want to transcode so I imported them, plonked them on a timeline, nested them, set the speed to 1600% then watched in misery as it repeatedly stopped exporting with a few seconds to go. I'm not 100% sure that my firmware is up to date, but it can't be far off.  Have there been any issues with h.265?  I had a nice fast sd card. I was shooting at 24fps 4k DCI.

It's weird that 2 of the 3 shots I shot keep failing near the end of the final clip. Like the file is not being closed properly. Having said that, they all play back ok, and none of the files give an error on import. (Although I did get a renderer error from premiere saying it couldn't read frame 2087).

I'm currently attempting to transcode the h.265 files

2019-8-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

You need to work with Proxy files, H265 requires very powerful computer to process. See https://www.premieregal.com/blog ... obe-premiere-pro-cc
2019-8-27
Use props
gherk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2727018 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm not editing the h.265. I'm just speeding it up.  Anyway, my question isn't about editing, it's about whether there might be an issue with the h.265 files out of the phantom.   And I can confirm now that the 2nd file of each shot (as the shots are broken into 4gb chunks), does not transcode successfully. It hangs media encoder, so proxy files would fail to generate.
2019-8-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

speeding it up is editing, just thought i would put that in......

Does this help

https://www.easefab.com/video-to ... e-premiere-pro.html
2019-8-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

H.264 with CBR 100MBps is the best.  Maximum bit depth and Maximum quality both checked at the export.
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules