DJI Ronin S horizontal level issue
2069 6 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4d2262b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35335 ft
United States

Hello. I know this issue has been documented on another forum with numerous other users but there has been no answer. Let me start with the problem. On a shoot, I put down my Ronin S to adjust some bridal details. Nothing touched my gimbal. It was right next to me. I picked it up and suddenly when I panned right the gimbal rolled right causing the horizon to lose its level. It does this all the time now and it’s getting worse. My roll smooth tracking is off. I’ve restored my gimbal to settings. I’ve auto tuned it and it’s balanced correctly.

To ADD to this, the joint angle tilt is off by -7.2. There is apparently a way to fix this by going into the Ronin App and selecting motion parameters then selecting the more option then pressing and holding the joint angle word. About 6 seconds later a box comes up basically stating that I can adjust the joint angle and the app will save it once I press ok. I adjust it. Tilt is now at -0.4. Press ok. Nothing happens. I double click the trigger and it goes right back to -7.2. Now from some research online, this seems to be a problem with the IOS app. For some reason, the app won’t actually calibrated the joint angle if your using an iPhone.

This brings me to my issue. I loved my Ronin S. I want to still use it. I’m sure it’s not a motor issue as they all run correctly. But I need an answer for this Horizon Level issue and joint angle issue. It’s unfortunate that this product suddenly doesn’t work correctly. Can an admin please relay this information to tech support to see if they can figure out a) why this horizon problem is affected Ronin S Users, seemingly out of the blue and b) finding out if a firmware update can fix the ronin iOS app for calibrating the Joint angle.  As off now, it’s completely USELESS. I’m very disappointed.
2019-9-1
Use props
fans4d2262b2
lvl.1
United States

Anyone? Anyone at all?
2019-9-2
Use props
fans4d2262b2
lvl.1

Still no help from the admins? What a fu&$ing surprise.
2019-9-3
Use props
AnEmotion
New

I heard you mean, I got exact same issue. I tried all I can to make sit work, but still no luck
2019-10-14
Use props
pedroferraz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 712933 ft

I have the same problem!
2019-10-15
Use props
ECOORDINATOR
lvl.1

United States

Can we get some information from someone from DJI Please? Having the same issue.
2023-6-26
Use props
MartonBognar
New

Hungary

I have the same problem but with the RS 3 and on android. Did you manage to solve this issue?
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules