Firefighters take exception to Drone...
1182 8 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

This is not the Inspire, but I feel this is pertinent to our cummunity.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/20 ... rone_n_7541550.html
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

This guy was obviously disrupting the firefighters concentration and possibly therefore interfering with their job and task in hand.  Needless to say, there could have been people in there trapped or dead and this guy was more concerned about getting a good piece of film.  He was obviously flying just above the roof line at some points, as he gradually tried to get closer and closer, in addition to flying overhead of the fire fighters.

Not surprising the Firefighters took exception.  
2015-6-9
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

In Canada this idiot would be standing before a judge.   The guy had no business flying so close to firefighters on the job.  He didn't get it when they were trying to knock him down....The sense of entitlement of some people make it difficult for the rest of us...
2015-6-9
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-6-9 22:25
In Canada this idiot would be standing before a judge.   The guy had no business flying so close to  ...

I agree. This clown needs to be grounded for a month or more for bad decision making.  We should start up a tribunal. For us by us.  Who would be the judge?
2015-6-9
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I'm pretty sure that when the FAA finally comes out with their rules people like this will probably be standing before a judge. The fines here are pretty stiff from Transport Canada up to $5000.00 for a person and up to $25,000.00 for a company plus possible jail time...
2015-6-9
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

I don't blame the firefighters at all. I also don't think that the drone taking a video is the issue; The problem is that you should never fly a drone over top of a group of people, it's a safety concern. The pilot repeatedly flew the drone above the fire fighters and so he got shot with water.
2015-6-9
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

ah Gesh.   not necessary to be getting that close and pestering the firemen.   
2015-6-9
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

More negative press. Seeing more and more all the time. Very bad judgment like this, affects all pilots.
2015-6-9
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

My local fire dept has me on their alert notifications so when a call goes out,  I'll get it.  They've asked me to video any fires or wrecks or what ever.  The purpose is to help them get a different perspective of the incident for training.   
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules