Ronin - S Roll Axis Balance
477 0 2019-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Creeeds
lvl.1

Hi guys,

Firstly, I want to explain that I have spent several hours watching balancing videos and similar related forums and still am having issues with balancing the roll axis on my
Ronin-S.

I am using a 5d Mark III with no battery grip, and a 17-40 F/4 lens.
All 3 axis' on the app are saying 'Excellent'.
Firmware updated to latest version.
I do not have a cable connected from the Ronin S to the camera as there isn't one available in the pack at the moment.

Tilt axis I believe is perfect, same for pan.

I believe the problem is with the Roll axis, as I have watched several videos suggesting that when the roll axis is balanced the camera should stay on an angle when tilted one way or another left to right. When I try this the camera slowly returns to a horizontal state suggesting it is not balanced right?.  I have heard some people say that this is ok, some say it needs to stay still.

Some things I have noticed:
When operating the camera on the Ronin-S, and holding the trigger button down, it doesn't seem to lock in very well as I can move around while holding it and it will slowly begin to drift away from the angle it was at when I originally held the button down.

Also, I have times where the camera flips out completely when going from a upright to down near the ground with slight left and right angles.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Jesse

2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules