Trigger Button intermittent.
3545 10 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fgaffney
lvl.1

I've just got an Osmo 3 Mobile for use with my Oneplus 7 Pro, however I'm having intermittent issues with the trigger button. Sometimes it'll work flawlessly while other times it won't work at all?
I've tried switching bluetooth on and off, reinstalling the Mimo app, performing a hard reboot of my phone and everything else I can think of however it's just not reliable. I thought running the in app calibration fixed the issue, however the fix didn't last long so I put it down to coincidence.

Any help would be much appreciated as it's driving me up the wall!!!

Thanks in advance.
2019-9-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

Are you trying to use it to turn on tracking?  If so check it is set on.  Using the gesture option turns off the trigger for this purpose.
2019-9-18
Use props
fansc6cc1da0
lvl.1

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-18 01:54
Are you trying to use it to turn on tracking?  If so check it is set on.  Using the gesture option turns off the trigger for this purpose.

Nothing works... single click to lock, double click and hold to enter sport mode, double click and release to reset the gimbal, triple click to switch to the front camera.
I've been in touch with DJI Support but they're as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
Having tried the gimbal with my wife's phone I've concluded the unit is faulty so it's being returned... gutted as I really liked the look of it.
2019-9-18
Use props
fans5a7e9648
lvl.1

Hi
I have the exact same problem.I just unboxed the Osmo a few hours ago...
Since there is no fix I will return it. Sad.
L.
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. If the troubleshooting steps were exhausted and the problem remains, it's recommended to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation. I would like to ask if you've managed to send the unit to our facility? Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you!
2019-9-23
Use props
fans5a7e9648
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 9-23 13:23
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. If the troubleshooting steps were exhausted and the problem remains, it's recommended to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation. I would like to ask if you've managed to send the unit to our facility? Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you!

hi
went back to the store where I bought it and told me DJI takes cares of everything in terms of returns/ refound
can you let me know how to do it-don't want to pay postal fees on top of everything
thanks
2019-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5a7e9648 Posted at 9-29 18:57
hi
went back to the store where I bought it and told me DJI takes cares of everything in terms of returns/ refound
can you let me know how to do it-don't want to pay postal fees on top of everything
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply and apologies for the late reply. We can only process refund of products purchased from our Online store and flagship stores directly. In addition to this, would it be possible if you could verify where did you purchase the Osmo Mobile 3? However, the possible replacement can be done, for as long as we meet the requirements of replacing the product. You could contact our support using the link below for further information with regard to this matter. Thank you for your support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-10-1
Use props
fansf7bad90f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37057 ft

I’ve had the same issue with the trigger. Changing modes seems to fix it. But then it will fail again. Must be a software bug and hope it gets fixed.
2019-10-1
Use props
SRR33
New
United Kingdom

Has the issue been resolved please? I have just purchased and the trigger seems unresponsive
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_et0kVTpptFP7
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem. I unboxed mine today and the trigger wouldn't lock. Its frustrating
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_Uw4ZA5qQ4oZh
New
United States

I bought my dji osmo 3 at amazon last November 2020. I didn’t open the package until today because I was planning to use it on a trip this Saturday. The trigger would not lock. I watched several videos on youtube, still i cannot fix it. Until I chanced upon this forum.  I cannot return the item because the return period has expired last January 31. I am really very  sad. Wish there is someone who could help.
2021-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules