New Firmware update and Smart Controller
1561 4 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft

I have a M2Z with a Smart Controller. I see in the new firmware thread that some people are saying the new firmware does not include the Smart Controller. Then there are other people who say they did the update with their Smart Controllers. I was going to wait for a firmware update made to include the Smart Controller. Should I go ahead and try this update? Everything is working fine with my drone, I don't want to cause any problems.
2019-9-17
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

The update is for the aircraft and is available for users with the standard or Smart Controller. The thing is that some of the new features of this update require the last Android DJI Go App version, which is not available for the Smart Controller yet. I believe DJI wouldn't allow you to download and install an update for your drone, if it is not compatible with the Smart Controller. That is why I'm going to install it. I'll let you know if everything is ok after I make some flight tests.
2019-9-17
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft

ro_flyer Posted at 9-17 16:54
The update is for the aircraft and is available for users with the standard or Smart Controller. The thing is that some of the new features of this update require the last Android DJI Go App version, which is not available for the Smart Controller yet. I believe DJI wouldn't allow you to download and install an update for your drone, if it is not compatible with the Smart Controller. That is why I'm going to install it. I'll let you know if everything is ok after I make some flight tests.

Thank you! I was just reading on the Mavic Pilots Forum and that is what someone there also said, that the update would be fine, just some of the features will not work because an updated version of the DJI GO 4 app is needed.
2019-9-17
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

Yep, it works fine for me with the SC. I just can’t see the battery discharge option via the SC.  I can see it if I use the standard controller with iPhone or iPad.
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Yes, we already released a new firmware for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro last 9/16/2019 and fixed some bugs from the previous firmware. You can directly download this firmware using your DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our fellow DJI members here in Forum that already updated their DJI Mavic 2 Pro with their DJI Smart Controller. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules