Battery now shows it is bad after software upgrade.
1787 12 2014-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2684 ft
United States

I have 9 flights on the battery and now after the upgrade it shows that it is bad.  I have charged it and discharged it a few times.  I put the phantom into a hover in the back yard and it stayed in the air for almost 20 minutes if not more.  But now I get the defective battery warning on my screen and the red flashing warning lights I did not get before the upgrade.  Any one else have a problem with this?  Seems this will be real expensive if after 10 flights you need to get a new battery at $129 a pop.
2014-11-14
Use props
g.ioannou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 849094 ft
Cyprus

Hello Eric,
I have exactly the same problem and i send a report to the customer support since a week now and i am expecting an answer.
Of course it make sense with which assistant did you make the upgrade.I did it with the 3.4 before they release the 3.6
The question is if there is a possibility to reset the batteries firmware and reload it with the new assistant 3.6
I am sure that the battery is ok and is a matter of software
2014-11-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may both want to try and reload the firmware for the batteries.  The latest version of the Assistant software should allow you to do that even if it says not upgrades available.
2014-11-14
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

this may be a silly question,

but you did you use all the battery life or was there still charge in the battery before you recharged and then upgrded the firmwear.?

just asking as it is a lipo afterall and bad cells can be the cause of running the battery too low before recharging.
2014-11-15
Use props
olliegarside
New

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-15 06:28
You may both want to try and reload the firmware for the batteries.  The latest version of the Assis ...

I have the same problem. It has 18 cycles on it and I updated the firmware 2 days ago now it wont charge.
2014-11-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

olliegarside@gm Posted at 2014-11-16 08:49
I have the same problem. It has 18 cycles on it and I updated the firmware 2 days ago now it wont  ...

Olliegarside the same advice applies to you.  Reload the firmware.  What was the version of the firmware before you upgraded?  I am hoping v2.0.
2014-11-16
Use props
simonsdji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 725 ft
United Kingdom

olliegarside@gm Posted at 2014-11-16 08:49
I have the same problem. It has 18 cycles on it and I updated the firmware 2 days ago now it wont  ...

I also have the same problem re-done software more then 3 times now , but still says 1 or more cells not right ,rubbish,only had 9 flights all worked with at least 26mins run time,,my original battery works very good 79 flights and still say76% left and still get 19mins flying time, that one doesnt get ,the upgrade bit as that is an old battery from november 2013..

why do dji always have to mess things up, i have also emailed and had no reply ,a week later, still no reply,  i have had nothing but problems , i was one of the first people to have one in November 2013 in the uk, ever since the first upgrade i have had problems , black camera issues ,still persists on 2nd or 3rd battery, i have tried different phones , which all do the same , i alway flew to 997 ft my record, now go to 556ft and it says return home , thats other problem , when it returns home the 1st time was within 20 inches of where it set off , now when i hit 556ft, it lands at leat 40 feet away, i would love to get my phantom back to nearly a 1000ft,

Never used waypoint as im scared it wont come back and kill someone falling out of the sky, i have just received a new battery this morning paid for by me not dji, and when i checked the battery say upgrade is ready ,,no way. i thought all these updates would be checked before us the paying customer. without out us buyers you would have no funds to sell your items, as you can tell im not happy...just tell me how to get version 1.39 software,the first one , never had any problems , first software update was January 2014, then thats when the probs started...check my feedback on andriod name Simon Thompson

Get it FIXED

I was already to move to newer v3.0 model(newer motors and radio with battery lights, but eh £1000 for more problems no way
2014-11-19
Use props
MontanaKnight
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-17 00:35
Olliegarside the same advice applies to you.  Reload the firmware.  What was the version of the fi ...

I have the same problem. It has 4 cycles on it and I updated the firmware 2 days ago now it wont charge, and says it has bad cells. Flew fine the day i upgraded the firmware.
2014-12-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gentlemen,

I am sorry for your problems.  There a small few that are having this issue.  Unfortunately when it happens to you that is not comforting.  If you have already tried to reload the firmware and that did not work, please call DJI and arrange for an exchange of your batteries.
2014-12-18
Use props
b00gie
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-15 06:28
You may both want to try and reload the firmware for the batteries.  The latest version of the Assis ...

i am having the same problem after the update.  I tried to reload the firmware as you have suggested, but it says there are no firmware updates.  I am using the latest version of the Assistant software on a Macbook Pro.  
2014-12-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to upgrade even though it says no upgrade available?  Normally it will allow it.
2014-12-18
Use props
b00gie
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-19 13:01
Have you tried to upgrade even though it says no upgrade available?  Normally it will allow it.

when i hit refresh, it says that there are no firmware updates.  There's nothing else to click in that window.
2014-12-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

At this point I would contact DJI regarding a replacement.
2014-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules