OSMO M3 Pitch Range
1437 4 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Isn't the OSMO Mobile 3 Pitch range a little low, when you locked the OSMO Mobile 2 you would have a massive angle for pitch movement something like 200 degress and with the OSMO Mobile 3 this seems like 10-20 degress range of pitch motion. So if i lock the OSMO Mobile 3 i'm just not supposed to pitch the handle ? Or am i doing something wrong ? I did not see an option to lock Pitch.
2019-9-19
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

Same here. Looking forward to an official answer but we'll likely get the robotic mod reply as always.
2019-9-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

If you look at it from the side, the tilt available is about 45 degrees up and 45 degrees down when tilt locked mode is in use.  I would guess that this is because load on the tilt motor is deliberately not balanced (to make it easier to balance the phone just in the holder).  To get the most extreme tilt lock, rotate the gimbal handle anti-clockwise so that it's parallel to the ground.  Now you can raise it way above your head, or bring it right down to the ground, and tilt will stay locked (because the pan motor is now doing the tilt function).

As for the option to lock pitch, that's the tilt lock option in the menu.  They don't call it pitch.

2019-9-19
Use props
dfdy
lvl.1

Pretty irate at this too. The official specs list the “mechanical ranges” as:

Pan: -162.5° to 170.3°
Roll: -85.1° to 252.2°
Tilt: -104.5° to 235.7°

But I was sorely disappointed that the pitch (tilt?) is somewhere around 20 degrees.
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_vk9oK83GiBVy
lvl.1

I agree the osmo mobile 2 had a much greater pitch (tilt) range.

With this limitation, how do you use it for running or skiing, it faces the floor.  :-(
2019-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules