Alternative Video Transmitter power source
1005 1 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tom.loader
lvl.1

Canada

Hi,
The other day I decided to tidy up my video transmitter installation on my Phantom 2 by trimming the wires to the correct length and wrapping them inheat shrink. It all looked good when finished... only problem was that I reversed the polarity of the power going into the VTX! When I turned the phantom on there were sparkes and a puff of smoke... I had blowen the VTX and a component (resistor??) on the main board of the phanton, right next to the CAM socket.

After some poking around with a volt meter it looked like I fried the circuit that delivers power to the camera/VTZ.

I purchased a new VTX and instaled it, I decided to power it from a pp9 battery and it appears that everything else works fine.

So, my question is, is there another place on the board, other than the main battery terminals where I can get VTX power (7 to 12V)

I was looking at the FAN socket, but I don't know if it is rated for sufficient current to power a VTX... I don't want to blow any more components!

2015-6-9
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Tom,

Can't answer your question but I'm glad to see you here. Maybe Yorlik can chime in, I think he gets this kind of stuff. I wish I did. I'm the by-the-seat pilot, don't get how it works, why it works, just hope it works!

Jerry
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules