My first attempt......ever
1216 8 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

Thought I'd post this up.   My first time ever editing ANYTHING.   I'd appreciate the feedback from the pro's.

2015-6-9
Use props
yasrooh
lvl.2

United States

really nice    keep going
2015-6-9
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Need to be a little smoother with YAW and camera tilt ( I reduce the sensitivity of my tilt in the App.. ) but other than that looks good.. Was the landing part sped up or did you land that quickly
2015-6-9
Use props
jon.godfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

you did your first flight over water... you brave, brave man!! phew... I'm still very catious over anything wet or around trees... :-)
2015-6-9
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hi-ho..

nice work for your first edit!

Two suggestions I'd have:

Smoother yaw / tilt as as sploodge said.

And, try to have the clips/cuts link together.

In places you go from a flying straight over water shot to climbing towards the town, then descending over water to a sudden pan over the water again...

As a viewer I'm confused about where I'm going, and what I'm looking at.  Take the viewer on a journey somewhere, then bring them home.  Don't whip them all over the show. :-)

( Please accept this as creative critique you've done really well if this is the first time you've done any video editing! )

Cheers, Chris H.
2015-6-10
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

jon.godfrey Posted at 2015-6-10 15:51
you did your first flight over water... you brave, brave man!! phew... I'm still very catious over a ...

no.....not my first flight ever.   the filming and edit is the only first.  I was very aware of where I was at and my landing points the whole way.  
2015-6-10
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

kiwichrish Posted at 2015-6-10 16:16
Hi-ho..

nice work for your first edit!

Absolutely,  thank you for the details.    I definitely am looking for constructive criticism.   It's the only way I'll get better....short of taking a course.   Which I really don't have time to do.  Thanks again.
2015-6-10
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-10 14:35
Need to be a little smoother with YAW and camera tilt ( I reduce the sensitivity of my tilt in the A ...

thanks, sploodge.   ummmm....that landing really was that quick.  It was real time.  It was film from my first flight with the P3.   I really put it in to remind myself about ensuring I know what is going on ....  and, how far I've come with the drone since that first flight.
2015-6-10
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

Emphasis on editing.....my second attempt using the exact same material....

2015-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules