How to record to Sd card
12Next >
25065 65 2019-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd40444e4
lvl.1

Hi can someone please tell me how do i record to sd card I have Samsung Galaxy Note 9 I've had the osmo 3 for nearly 3 weeks now and for some weird reason no one else here is showing or asking this question.  I want to record in 4k and I'm aware that i can transfer each file and I know that i   got about 40gb space but it's much easier to record to sd card so I can pull out the sd card once finished with recording and put it in the laptop and just edit on the go.  
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the iOS systems the photos and videos will be saved in the album. Android devices save photos and videos in phone storage or the microSD card. However, we will check if the photos/videos can be assign directly to the SD card via the app. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-22
Use props
imasshuu
lvl.1

I'm all for this too
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

imasshuu Posted at 9-23 21:26
I'm all for this too

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We've currently checking this situation with our designated department. I'll keep you posted on the latest progress. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-9-24
Use props
fansd40444e4
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 9-22 10:16
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the iOS systems the photos and videos will be saved in the album. Android devices save photos and videos in phone storage or the microSD card. However, we will check if the photos/videos can be assign directly to the SD card via the app. Thank you for your support.

Hi did you manage to find out if i can save to sd card? I mean there isn't any options in the settings must admit the settings are very clear and very basic even the dji go app was very clear and more advanced for at least the android user.  I have the note 9.  
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansd40444e4 Posted at 9-26 16:44
Hi did you manage to find out if i can save to sd card? I mean there isn't any options in the settings must admit the settings are very clear and very basic even the dji go app was very clear and more advanced for at least the android user.  I have the note 9.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. We've checked this matter with our designated department and unfortunately, the Mimo app doesn't have an option to directly save the photo or video in the external SD card of the phone. Thank you for understanding.
2019-10-1
Use props
fansd40444e4
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 10-1 10:51
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. We've checked this matter with our designated department and unfortunately, the Mimo app doesn't have an option to directly save the photo or video in the external SD card of the phone. Thank you for understanding.

Hi ok thanks I won't be trusting dji anymore thanks for letting me know.  
2019-10-3
Use props
Wisnaeme
lvl.1

Yup. The app is feeling more and more restricted by the day.
External storage support is ESSENTIAL and simple to implement. You cannot simply ignore users with a "Thank you for understanding."

I now barely use the app as it's so limiting. I use Open Camera most often now.
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansd40444e4 Posted at 10-3 18:21
Hi ok thanks I won't be trusting dji anymore thanks for letting me know.

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. I've considered this matter as a suggestion and forward this to our designated department for attention. Again, we're sorry if this option is not possible as of the time being.
2019-10-5
Use props
fansf6a19641
New
Flight distance : 2264 ft
United States

According to DJI Osmo Mobile 3 support page, the DJI Mimo app, "Android devices save photos and videos in phone storage or the microSD card."

https://www.dji.com/mobile/support/product/osmo-mobile-3

Please, clarify how to save to SD card?
2019-11-2
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
United States

Hi

We need this option as soon as possible. since on android devices we can use high quality sd cards that can save 4k videos. this is none-sense and so limiting for creative community who ACTUALLY use your product and can contribute to you the most!

thanks for your understanding!
2019-11-9
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Hi, is there any news on these ? Phone Storage is mostly very limited. Why is this not implemented via an update ?
2019-12-1
Use props
batatudo
New
Puerto Rico

I have the same problem, I have a 256GB sd card and this application can't save directly to it.
My temporary solution is using an application called "FolderSync Pro" to move the files from the camera into the SD card with just one click.
Please update the application asap. We need this feature.

Great product by the way!!
2019-12-10
Use props
dsa046
lvl.1

Russia

Please help! I have 256 mb SD card and small free storage on my phone. And I can't save video to my SD Card. It's very bad and uncorfotable to use((
2019-12-13
Use props
Ida
New
Hungary

I'd like to join those, unhappy with Mimo. It saves everything to the Android phone's internal storage, which actually is equal to killing the phone by filling it up. I could not agree more with Wisnaeme's statement saying "External storage support is ESSENTIAL and simple to implement. You cannot simply ignore users with a "Thank you for understanding.""  DJI did not tell Android users that the software is not really for Android, and Android users should, therefore, think twice before buying it, since the naked gimbal is just a dead piece of metall if a properly functioming software cannot support it.  And it is obvious the the current Mimo version is unable of doing it. Breefly, it seems that I've ended up with some dead extra weight in my backpack married to a dysfunctional software in my phone.  I'm really disappointed and angry.
2019-12-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You can use the gimbal as a gimbal with any video app that supports recording from pressing the volume keys.  So it's not completely useless without Mimo.  What Mimo gives you is tracking, gesture control, and gimbal mode control, that's all.  What it doesn't give you is - loads of stuff, sadly.
2019-12-13
Use props
Ida
New
Hungary

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-13 14:17
You can use the gimbal as a gimbal with any video app that supports recording from pressing the volume keys.  So it's not completely useless without Mimo.  What Mimo gives you is tracking, gesture control, and gimbal mode control, that's all.  What it doesn't give you is - loads of stuff, sadly.

I know, First Officer, I know that is not completely useless. So I correct myself, it not a dead piece of metall, it is  just  in deep coma. And I don't care for the lack of gesture control at all. And its not a big issue either that you cannot use Mimo for shooting photos.  What could have been essential for me is tracking and zooming when shooting videos.  And its not there without Mimo. And it has not been stated that silly Android users cannot enjoy the most atrractive and valuable promised features of the gimbal. Though I have read tonnes of 'professional' reviews of Osmo Mobile 3, none of those 'professionals' mentioned  the fact that its  supporting software (Mimo) kills the Android storage, and no user can prevent  it from doing so , which is a quite a ridiculous, childish mistake, especially when DJI proudly regards itself to be the Chinese silicon valley.
2019-12-15
Use props
NRGS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69793 ft

United Kingdom

So from adding one of these to my basket today and then reading up before buying and being the owner of a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, would I be correct in assuming it is possibly a waste of time making that purchase due to it's software being biased towards Apple and lack of decent support and interest from DJI themselves.

From what I have gathered so far it is a pain to make images or video record to a memory card - 4K 60fps is a no no on Android - Photos are only in 4:3 ratio and the app is mainly set for Apple.
Really am struggling to commit to buying this now and think this is a great shame.

Can anyone convince me otherwise
2019-12-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'd suggest seeing what comparisons or reviews are on YouTube before making a purchasing decision.  Define your own criteria for selection.  Strong points of the Mobile 3 are foldability and gesture control.  After that, you may find that other devices and their associated apps offer features missing in this device - at present.
2019-12-15
Use props
NRGS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69793 ft

United Kingdom

Thank you fansfe82067d for the reply

It is a shame when I as an Android owner have to chase reviews and ask question over the internet when I wish to purchase a product made by DJI that I should trust to do what I want, but appears to be a difficult beast to satisfy all.

Well, off I go and the way it looks right now, that purchase might not happen
2019-12-15
Use props
serstovik
New

Moldova

The same story for me guys, today is Dec 20, 2019, I bought the Osmo mobile 3, installed Mimo app, and wow - I can't change the location for the video files ?? (only internal phone memory, but can't use SD Card in the phone) It's a HUGE PROBLEM, you have to resolve it with the closest update.

How can I film in 4K when I have only 20GB free in internal phone memory and can't save this file to my SD which has 512GB ???

Thanks
2019-12-20
Use props
Starfinder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119636 ft
United Kingdom

i would like to know this also
2019-12-22
Use props
stevefoobar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-1 10:51

HORRIBLE! UNACCEPTABLE!
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_CPxmwFxzaFJq
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-10-1 10:51

This is f**king ridiculous! What's wrong with you people?!?  No Live Streaming and can't save to SD Card.  Do you even understand the nature of this product?  How could you leave these CRUCIAL features out?!
2020-1-2
Use props
fans9fd8794c
New

Argentina

Hola! Compré el producto ignorando que no aceptaba la tarjeta SD como si lo hace el osmo 2. Alguna urgente posibilidad de mejorar la aplicacion???
2020-1-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Any update on when android users will be able to record directly to SD card as your own support pages are still saying this is possible, look under Mimo app FAQ
https://www.dji.com/uk/support/product/osmo-mobile-3
2020-1-11
Use props
Guayar
lvl.2
Denmark

About sd card I got reply from DJI support:

"Unfortunately, you can only save your film recordings on the medium on which the app is installed.
You have to move the app to the medium you want to save to."

They have really stupid support or stupid developers or both.  They totally do not understand Android. Cheap gimbals has that option, and most options but developers from DJI mimo somehow has retarded devs that have difficulties to implement such basic features DJ makes me really really disapointed and I will make everything to spread the word where I can so people will not make such mistake to buy this crap :/
2020-1-21
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Guayar Posted at 1-21 03:42
About ad card I got reply from DJI support:

"Unfortunately, you can only save your film recordings on the medium on which the app is installed.

Yet DJI Official support page still shows this:
iOS systems will save the photos and videos in the album. Android devices save photos and videos in phone storage or the microSD card.
2020-1-21
Use props
ZPS
New
Estonia

Waste of money without SD card support!
Can I get my money back?
2020-1-27
Use props
fans6c079f37
New

Netherlands

Just use a sync-app like SMBSync2. I've set it up that it looks for the videos to move every 10 minutes. Works great.
2020-1-31
Use props
True Brit
New
United States

Using a Samsung Phone and the camera and video is set to go to the SD card.  When Mimo is used it no longer uses the camera settings but instead stores video to the internal storage and there is no way to change the storage location. It's absurd that videos can only be recorded to the very limited amount of internal memory on many phones! This makes the app almost useless. The Osmo Mobile 2 had the option.

When can we expect a change so that Android users can use this device. As of now for Android users the Osmo Mobile 3 is useless.
2020-2-5
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

Yes, I agree. Not being able to save your videos to SDcard is rediculous.

Responding to people who ask for a fix for this (how difficult can it be?) with "Thank you for understanding" is a laugh. That is intently letting them down!
2020-2-8
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 2019-12-15 20:40
I'd suggest seeing what comparisons or reviews are on YouTube before making a purchasing decision.  Define your own criteria for selection.  Strong points of the Mobile 3 are foldability and gesture control.  After that, you may find that other devices and their associated apps offer features missing in this device - at present.

This is the easy answer. Foldability: yes! But gesture control is only available when using the app!

And if the app lacks one of the basic facilities that almost every other video app has, and that is the possibility to save to SDcard, than that is a flaw in this particular DJI app. No one should have to take that into consideration when reviewing products before buying.

It should not be an inssue whatsoever.
2020-2-8
Use props
James M
lvl.1
United States

Glad this got asked. Thanks, all, for the info.
2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_8XnDyFhWO1tq
New

United States

Hi, just got DJI Mimo and Osmo Mobile 3 but can't figure out how to get the videos to record on my sd card. I can't find a support phone number, can anyone help?
2020-2-14
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_8XnDyFhWO1tq Posted at 2-14 07:21
Hi, just got DJI Mimo and Osmo Mobile 3 but can't figure out how to get the videos to record on my sd card. I can't find a support phone number, can anyone help?

Your out of luck, DJI don’t allow you to record to anywhere but the phone memory.
2020-2-14
Use props
djiuser_x9WgCHXgE8KQ
New

United Kingdom

Just received my Osmo 3 and installed DJI mimo on my android phone. I often record long video's but only have a few GB of spare storage on my phone. Luckily I have a 400GB sd card installed which I use for all my photo and video apps and I understand that this device/software is able to store files to SD card (I checked the specs from the website before purchasing) but cannot find how to direct the files to the SD card. I read above that it can only save to the same location the app is stored on but obviously with the latest versions of android, the app can't be moved to external storage. Am missing a setting somewhere??? Is the software temporarily broken and a fix is on the way soon?? Or is this product broken/not as described and I need to return it for a refund?? Please advise. Many thanks.
2020-2-14
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_x9WgCHXgE8KQ Posted at 2-14 11:58
Just received my Osmo 3 and installed DJI mimo on my android phone. I often record long video's but only have a few GB of spare storage on my phone. Luckily I have a 400GB sd card installed which I use for all my photo and video apps and I understand that this device/software is able to store files to SD card (I checked the specs from the website before purchasing) but cannot find how to direct the files to the SD card. I read above that it can only save to the same location the app is stored on but obviously with the latest versions of android, the app can't be moved to external storage. Am missing a setting somewhere??? Is the software temporarily broken and a fix is on the way soon?? Or is this product broken/not as described and I need to return it for a refund?? Please advise. Many thanks.

You can’t record directly to sd card, even tho DJI official support page states you can on android, there are quite a few threads about this already. All you can hope is that DJI add this at some point but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
2020-2-14
Use props
dteteruk
New
Russia

AlanHd Posted at 2-14 12:32
You can’t record directly to sd card, even tho DJI official support page states you can on android, there are quite a few threads about this already. All you can hope is that DJI add this at some point but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

We need to add this information in Google Play Market on official web-page of Mimo App and mark it with 1 star.
2020-3-15
Use props
djiuser_mphaqUZIu2DO
New

Indonesia

Are there any solutions for that issue?
Its have been 4 month.
2020-3-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now