Finally made a Phantom Showreel - Hawaii, Iceland, Hungary, Seattle, Washington
1348 16 2015-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Let me know what you guys think.  I'm open for criticism and I know there are a lot of great Phantom pilots and editors here.

Thanks,
Scott

2015-6-10
Use props
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

Very nice, any tips for getting through customs ;)
2015-6-10
Use props
JTS
lvl.1

Spain

Man this is crazy! how many hours of editing? really nice job
2015-6-10
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I've just realised that I have not done enough with my 2015 ;-) Great work!

I spotted a few shots with a leaning horizon which look like a P3, what other Phantom model was used?
2015-6-10
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

Amazing.   Some really great shots.
2015-6-10
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

I talked to a guy flying a Phantom on Waikiki Beach in front of Dukes around May 10 or 11.  Was that you?
2015-6-10
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Rob88 Posted at 2015-6-11 00:34
I talked to a guy flying a Phantom on Waikiki Beach in front of Dukes around May 10 or 11.  Was that ...

Hey Rob88, were you the guy with the Phantom 2, GoPro Hero 4 and prop guards?  If yes, that was me and my wife out there.    Small world!
2015-6-10
Use props
mccartw
lvl.1

United States

Epic, bro!! Really nice shooting, great variety, gonna watch it again..
2015-6-10
Use props
Rortizurbina
lvl.1

Spain

Really beautiful video and great edition!! Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed it.
2015-6-10
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

scott7161@gmail Posted at 2015-6-11 03:16
Hey Rob88, were you the guy with the Phantom 2, GoPro Hero 4 and prop guards?  If yes, that was me ...

I didn't own a Phantom at the time, or know anything about them.  I was sitting at the bar at Duke's having a drink with friends and saw a drone hovering about a hundred feet above.  I was impressed by how stable it was, given the strong trade winds at the time.  When the guy landed I got up from my table, walked over, and asked him what make and model it was.  He said DJI Phantom.  I googled it that night, liked what I read, and ordered a P3P!  It's my first ever UAV and I am very pleased with how well it flies.  67 flights so far and not a single issue to complain about.  If that was you, thanks for introducing me to a great new hobby.
2015-6-10
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.2

Canada

Awesome video Doc!

What editing software do you use?
2015-6-10
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Nice editing!  This should be a DJI Commercial!
Let this be a lesson to all:  Don't just sit there and pan!  FLY FORWARD PEOPLE!   (Can't express how sick I am of watching nausea inducing shots of DJI panning.)

Obviously it is a mix of Phantom and Inspire footage.  Some are fisheye... Some are not.

Nice edits...  Although I might have used dissolves between clips instead of hard cuts.  (But that's just my aesthetic choice.)
2015-6-10
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Hey Doc... What's that music track from?
2015-6-10
Use props
gregl This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-10
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey thanks guys.  

1)  There is no inspire footage, it's all done with a Phantom 2 and GoPro Hero 4.  I didn't like some of the fisheye effect so I used a digital software tool from Coremelt called Lock and Load to remove some of the fisheye.

2)  Yes, I used a CPL/ND8 Filter from Snake River Prototyping.  Hopefully they will have a version for the Phantom 3 out soon!

3)  Not really any jello.  I think the filter helps with that.

4)  Music - not sure what the name is
5)  I use final cut pro X on a MacBook Pro or sometimes on the iMac Retina 5K

6)  I'm still learning - and I learn a lot from you guys in the forum so thanks for your replies and feedback.  I sold all my Phantom 2 gear and I'm excited to see what I can do this year with the Phantom 3.  I'm a big fan of the Phantom because it's small and I can put it in a backpack and go/travel.  I like the small DJI backpack so far but I have yet to take a road trip with it.  
7)  Rob, I don't think I was the guy that you saw.  I've only flown in Waikiki a couple times - too many people to make it fun.

Thanks again,

Scott

2015-6-10
Use props
tou_thor10
lvl.2

Japan

Hey Scott,

What macbook pro do you have and can you provide the specs? I have the iMac 5k retina. it's powerful and upgraded enough for 4k edits. I"m thinking about getting a macbook pro for portability. If you could provide the specs and what model/ year it is i'd really appreciate it.. Thanks and great video! I"ll be in hawaii next year for school can't wait to shoot around with my P3P
2015-6-11
Use props
Aeyaz
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi scott7161

Did you have any problem at the hungary budapest airport when you arrived/departed from there?
I am planning to take my P3 to budapest this month end. Little worried the laws and rule there.
Let me know your experiences please.
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules