DJI showreel - Hawaii, Iceland, Hungary, Seattle, Washington
2494 17 2015-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Looking for some feedback on my first showreel.  This was all done with a Phantom 2.  I know a lot of you are great pilots and editors so I value your feedback.  

Thanks,
Scott

2015-6-10
Use props
stan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Beautiful!
2015-6-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Scott,

I thoroughly enjoyed your show reel, some fantastic images.

How fast did you speed up some of your footage ?
2015-6-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Wow, some absolutely STUNNING footage in there!   Love the locations and your approach.

Feedback is so subjective I hesitate to say too much, but since you asked:

1. A lot of the footage is basically "attack mode" front on moving at great speed.  I noticed later in the edit you started to explore beauty more with banking shots, slow pans and interesting moves.   These were the moments I was most interested in.   Definitely a time and place for attack shots but perhaps the balance could be reevaluated.

2. There were a few times unfortunate trajectory changes or minor camera moves were left in the edit.   Each time this happened it pulled me out of the magic and reminded me this is basically a robotic flying machine.  

Other than that I was mesmorized and blown away as each shot outshone what came before it.  Well done, truly spectacular!

Jim
2015-6-10
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

badass video
2015-6-10
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the feedback!  Jim, I've learned a lot from your youtube videos and it's helped with the Phantom 3.  This showreel was done with a GoPro Hero 4 and there were some challenges with the fisheye.  I think you have more control with the Phantom 3 camera but if you like to set it and forget it, the GoPro works well too.

Scott
2015-6-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

scott7161@gmail Posted at 2015-6-11 04:57
Thanks for the feedback!  Jim, I've learned a lot from your youtube videos and it's helped with the  ...

Yeah, no fisheye on the P3/Inspire, which is fantastic!    You did a great job compensating  for it on your vids.  

I envy you for getting to shoot in all those amazing locations.  Long Inspire has never been more than 15 miles from my house!   I must get out more!  

Again, love your work!

Jim
2015-6-10
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant, thanks for sharing.
2015-6-11
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

I'm thoroughly jealous of every one of those locations you were able to film in!   Were you hassled at all in the urban areas?

Nice collection of work!
2015-6-11
Use props
drewvallejo
lvl.3
United States

Those locations are absolutely stunning! The only things that stood out for me was the sped up shots and the camera jerking at the end of some shots. I felt like I wanted to linger on those places a little more and felt to rushed through them with the sped up footage. All in all it is a great reel!
2015-6-15
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's superb, Scott. And a lot of travel to reach all those places!
2015-6-15
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Amazing footage!!! Can I ask you if you needed any permit in Hungary? I see the parliament and the Buda castle. I would like to take my I1 to get some footage too
2015-6-16
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

No permits needed in Hungary currently.    Thanks!
2015-6-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stunning. I've been fortunate to have visited all the locations you shot from except those in Iceland and you have a magical combination of light and time of day. The Makapu lighthouse shot from Oahu was spectacular. Its high and windy at that location and with a P2 it must have been tricky!. Also those from the Na Pali area. I'm sharing this with others! Congrats again!!!
2015-10-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job Scott!
2015-10-26
Use props
dedzyyy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm a mad fan of Iceland, so this video is excellent!

I'm going for my third trip in March next year and hope to take my newly built f450 and gopro.
2015-11-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely stunning footage!

Thank you for sharing this with us....

Did you have any trouble with the batteries getting cold during your ice shots??

Rich  
2015-11-1
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced