Shaking and high motor rev
799 6 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>

Don't know if I should be concerned or not.  I haven't flown my Mavic Air very much but it seems lately that occasionally when I fly it that at times when hovering it starts shaking considerably.  Also at times it sounds like the motors start reving really loud and then normalize.   Should I be concerned?

Thanks
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I please ask what happens prior to the said issue? Did the drone experience any hard landing? Also, can you please send us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? You may try to perform an IMU calibration to see if the problem persist? You may refer to the tutorial video below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2019-9-27
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

At what altitude(s) does this occur? What you described sounds like what can happen when the aircraft experiences a strong gust of wind, so it may be something as simple as that. Regardless of whether that's the case, Gamora's advice to do an IMU calibration can't hurt and might help.
2019-9-27
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-27 14:32
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I please ask what happens prior to the said issue? Did the drone experience any hard landing? Also, can you please send us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? You may try to perform an IMU calibration to see if the problem persist? You may refer to the tutorial video below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36WO2OnIaY

There have been no crashes are hard landings.  I will attempt the re-calibration of the IMU and see if that helps.  I should note that yesterday when flying the Mavic Air again it became very shaky and at one point started to fly away on it's own.  I was able to get it back and land.  Something weird is happening.
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

TimothyD Posted at 9-29 06:13
There have been no crashes are hard landings.  I will attempt the re-calibration of the IMU and see if that helps.  I should note that yesterday when flying the Mavic Air again it became very shaky and at one point started to fly away on it's own.  I was able to get it back and land.  Something weird is happening.

I'd be interested in seeing the log from the flight you described where it was flying away on its own and may be able to shed more like on what's happening if you provide it. If you're interested, then retrieve it, upload a copy to PhantomHelp using these instructions, and post a link to the uploaded log in this thread.
2019-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TimothyD Posted at 9-29 06:13
There have been no crashes are hard landings.  I will attempt the re-calibration of the IMU and see if that helps.  I should note that yesterday when flying the Mavic Air again it became very shaky and at one point started to fly away on it's own.  I was able to get it back and land.  Something weird is happening.

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Kindly please let us know the result after you calibrate the IMU. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-10-2
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft

Before you take off, inspect your props make sure they are not chipped or bent. Then after take off, bring it down to a few feet and visually check the spinning props, looks for ones that look like they are not spinning true, easier to spot when you compare them against each other. Try and do this in calm-ish winds. So it sits nicely in the air.
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules